• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales Venue Question

16 posts in this topic

Need some advice on a book and I figured this was probably as good a place as any to ask. I'm very attuned to the Silver/Bronze/Copper market but not so much Gold.

The background:

I recently picked up a book that "looked nice". It's a #1 issue of a Fiction House book so I guess kind of a key (maybe?). Graded a 9.0 which is highest graded on the census, 1 of 2 in that grade. A couple of 8.0s have sold but the other 9.0 does not show in GPA so it has either never sold or just never sold on a venue that GPA tracks.

The question:

What is the best venue and method to sell this type of book? I know highest graded books can go for a premium so I would imagine auction would be the way to go? I have no idea how to price the book if I were to put a fixed price on it but I'm open to suggestions if people think fixed price is better. Also, Heritage is pretty much out for me as their cost structure is just ridiculously high.

Any advice would be appreciated :foryou:

I would say Heritage/Auction, but it's probably not enough book to get a ton of leverage with them on fees. You could try them. They might be interested in it and give you a deal just because it's highest graded.

Failing that, if I had that book I'd go with ComicConnect, I think. Pricing it would be weird so auction is the way to go.

I would say Heritage/Auction, but it's probably not enough book to get a ton of leverage with them on fees. You could try them. They might be interested in it and give you a deal just because it's highest graded.

Failing that, if I had that book I'd go with ComicConnect, I think. Pricing it would be weird so auction is the way to go.

Appreciate the feedback (thumbs u

List it here at a high buy it now and ask for Offers. No fees. You have nothing to lose.

I literally have no clue what would qualify as "High" BIN. Highest graded #1 issue and the other highest graded hasn't sold publicly so it would be a dart throw. (shrug)

I'd stick to an auction for the highest graded copy of a book (especially a Golden Age comic). I sold some highest graded bronze horror magazines at a high price to me on the boards and the unsold ones went for double if not more in a ComicLink auction.

I don't particularly like ComicLink right now but it may be worth a look into the upcoming premier auction that seems to be Golden Age heavy with solid prices realized.

This is what I would do. Call them to see if they will waive the seller's fee. If they do that, then their bite is only 20% rather than 30%. If you get the book into one of their signature auctions (and catalog), you should easily be able to make up for the BP. If the book would end up in one of their Sunday auctions with full fees, then use CC.

This is what I would do. Call them to see if they will waive the seller's fee. If they do that, then their bite is only 20% rather than 30%. If you get the book into one of their signature auctions (and catalog), you should easily be able to make up for the BP. If the book would end up in one of their Sunday auctions with full fees, then use CC.

+1 to this advice.

Has CC been getting better returns than CL on GA books, or do they just have lower fees/percentages?

+1 to this advice.

Has CC been getting better returns than CL on GA books, or do they just have lower fees/percentages?

CC and CL are both 10%

+1 to this advice.

CC and CL are both 10%

Although CL charges a 3% BP for buyers who pay with a credit card. I believe CC requires a fee-free payment above a certain dollar amount. $2,500, I think.

CC also has the advantage of having a catalog for their quarterly auctions.

(worship) for adding some detail to my hand-wavy antics.

Indians #1? or maybe Man O'Mars?

Negative ghost rider. Think scantily clad women and early 40's.

gladly...

oh you mean about the comic?

I did mean about the comic, but I like where your head's at none the less (thumbs u