• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has there ever been a "Superman Year One?" story?

11 posts in this topic

Not a retcon, like the Byrne Man of Steel series, but something where they show an unknown Superman coming up, and wearing the suit, and power levels from Action #1? Just curious, as the more I check out that original costume, the more I appreciate the look...like to see some modern takes on it.

A storyline where Supes still can't fly, but jumps, and likes beating up bullies sounds like a story I'd like to revisit.

The Elseworld stand-alone Superman: War of the Worlds was kinda-sorta fun in that way. It's 1938 Metropolis and when Martians attack a stranger appears for the very 1st time. A well done novel with a beginning, middle and end. (sorry, he's a little too busy to front bullies in this tale)

superman-la-guerra-de-los-mundos-portada_zpsf5ac84bb.jpg

There was also that book where a kid called Clark Kent found he had super powers just like the comic book Clark Kent-I forget the name of it. Pretty good read.

There was also that book where a kid called Clark Kent found he had super powers just like the comic book Clark Kent-I forget the name of it. Pretty good read.

Superman: Secret Identity, by Kurt Busiek.

Not a retcon, like the Byrne Man of Steel series, but something where they show an unknown Superman coming up, and wearing the suit, and power levels from Action #1? Just curious, as the more I check out that original costume, the more I appreciate the look...like to see some modern takes on it.

A storyline where Supes still can't fly, but jumps, and likes beating up bullies sounds like a story I'd like to revisit.

Byrne's Super & Batman: Generations told some Superman stories Iike that. There are 3 series, but only series 1 & 2 are good.

91A274C2-984C-4191-8541-8CABA0F1E612_1.jpg