• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller alert

46 posts in this topic

I had a forum member tried to sell me a pgx via pm. Scans looks good but I decided not too knowing the history of grading. There are some books that pgx grades that seems legit but until you crack it open and later find out it's not what it really seems.

Never has happened to me but read so many horror stories here about pgx. I will never buy it.

comicnut1969 is yet another Ryan Elliott shill account. Looks like the other account is either his or a shill buddy. I see he has posted many books from his djbrady4u shill account, many of which have sold multiple times. lol

Sad to see Eugene getting such a bad rep because of one or two smoking turds.

Got a PM from a fellow forumite about comicnut1969 (181 ) as well. PGX books not matching up with the grades on the label. I suspect an employee or tapering with the cases.

PGX labels are attached to the plastics holders inside the case

Besides the spine stress on the ASM 129. What about the front bottom right corner??

Can't see it well in the ebay pics, but it's prominent in the flickr photos.

Is it blunted or a piece missing?? Glad that you got your money back!

Who is Ryan Elliott? Can you provide more information. It seems like the same books are getting relisted. I can't imagine that anyone seeing these books in person would want to keep them. As everyone keeps saying, look at the book and not the label. I tried contacting PGX several times (email twice) and phone call (twice) and no response. Not happy with their customer service.

amazing129pgx

Looks like a chip missing from the right bottom corner. The scan does not do the book justice. Looks much worse in person!!! The spine stress are so blatant in person when looking at the book. This is why you cannot grade from a photo or scan. Notice how blurry all their auction pictures are. I think this is done on purpose.

Who is Ryan Elliott? Can you provide more information. It seems like the same books are getting relisted. I can't imagine that anyone seeing these books in person would want to keep them. As everyone keeps saying, look at the book and not the label. I tried contacting PGX several times (email twice) and phone call (twice) and no response. Not happy with their customer service.

He's a PGX crony/buddy that has been caught doing numerous unscrupulous things over the years. A total scam artist and represents the worst in our hobby. Stay far away from him. He cannot be trusted.

Maybe Daniel's mom got her phone cut off.

Are you saying he has been or is working with PGX in cahoots? Please clarify because it is a big difference if he working with them or doing it in secret.

This is PGX reputation at stake if this is true.

None of this is news. PGX's reputation is already shot in the collecting community.

More fishy stuff going on. This auction just completed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-9-8-PGX-CGC-1st-Appearance-of-The-Punisher-/161865668866?hash=item25aff21902%3Ag%3A9uQAAOSwAYtWKCTN&nma=true&si=2TVpQPr4%252F7f6%252Bevo0VSK5hZD7OM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Amazing Spider-Man #129 PGX 9.8 with the same number so either this seller is linked with the other 2 sellers or there are 2 books with the label verification ID.