• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller alert

46 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I love how this CGC forum polices scammers. I would like to alert everyone about this seller: ashle_rodar (77 )

I won these 2 books on Ebay from the seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-NM-MT-9-8-graded-PGX-certified-1st-Punisher-Netflix-/291563725270?ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123&nma=true&si=T8qJ1jqrHFLKHnf%252F4PlX143BfyY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-96-NM-MT-9-8-graded-PGX-certified-1st-Moira-MacTaggert-New-movie-/291569564365?ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARRNTB%3AUS%3A3160&nma=true&si=T8qJ1jqrHFLKHnf%252F4PlX143BfyY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So, I won the Amazing Spider-Man #129 PGX 9.8 for $4001. You can see the seller shilling almost every one of her auctions if you look at all the auctions completed. The same bidder either wins or pushes the bid to the maximum bid. In my case, it was $4001 with the bid below mine at $4000. I lose the X-Men #96 PGX 9.8 to the bidder at $485. Almost immediately I get a 2nd chance offer from the seller for my bid at $475. I immediately suspect shilling. I look at all the auctions and it is pretty obvious. The same bidder placed bids on approx. 95% of ashe_rodar auctions, either winning or pushing the bid to the maximum. Against my better judgement, I decide to go through and pay for the auctions because those were the prices I was willing to pay anyway. I thought I got a good price on the Amazing Spider-Man 129 PGX 9.8. My plan was to resubmit the PGX 9.8 and hopefully get a CGC 9.8. I figured the book should be at least a strong 9.6 and hopefully grade out at CGC 9.8 after a good press. I get the book and I can't tell you can how disappointed I am at the book. It looks like a 9.2 to me. There are 4 - long spine stress lines with early 1/8 part of the stress line breaking color. Looking at the picture, it doesn't show as well as having the book in hand. Notice how blurry the pics are in the sellers' auctions so you have no chance to see the stress lines.

amazing129pgx

amazing129closeuppgx

I try calling and emailing PGX to get the grader's notes as I am wondering how can this book be graded so poorly and wonder if the books have been switched although the case does not look like they have been tampered. I get no answer (another red flag???). The X-Men 96 also looks 9.6-9.4 to me (looks way off in my opinion). I think no way a 9.8 again. Anyway, I return both books via Ebay protection and get my refund. No problem except I am pissed off. I let the seller know that I know that she is shilling her auctions.

Now, I see the exact same book offered by another seller: comicnut1969 (Feedback score 181)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-9-8-graded-pgx-1st-App-Punisher-Dardevil-Netflix-show-/272008254159?hash=item3f54f492cf

This seller lives in Eugene, OR - same as Ashe_Rodar and as same as guess what PGX.

What is going on here???

Another reason not to go with PGX is you can pop open the case very easily without damaging it at all. It then snaps back together with no problem. This makes it much easier to swap the book without there being any signs of tampering.

The books you got could easily have had their labels swapped.

Hi All,

I love how this CGC forum polices scammers. I would like to alert everyone about this seller: ashle_rodar (77 )

I won these 2 books on Ebay from the seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-NM-MT-9-8-graded-PGX-certified-1st-Punisher-Netflix-/291563725270?ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123&nma=true&si=T8qJ1jqrHFLKHnf%252F4PlX143BfyY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-96-NM-MT-9-8-graded-PGX-certified-1st-Moira-MacTaggert-New-movie-/291569564365?ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARRNTB%3AUS%3A3160&nma=true&si=T8qJ1jqrHFLKHnf%252F4PlX143BfyY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So, I won the Amazing Spider-Man #129 PGX 9.8 for $4001. You can see the seller shilling almost every one of her auctions if you look at all the auctions completed. The same bidder either wins or pushes the bid to the maximum bid. In my case, it was $4001 with the bid below mine at $4000. I lose the X-Men #96 PGX 9.8 to the bidder at $485. Almost immediately I get a 2nd chance offer from the seller for my bid at $475. I immediately suspect shilling. I look at all the auctions and it is pretty obvious. The same bidder placed bids on approx. 95% of ashe_rodar auctions, either winning or pushing the bid to the maximum. Against my better judgement, I decide to go through and pay for the auctions because those were the prices I was willing to pay anyway. I thought I got a good price on the Amazing Spider-Man 129 PGX 9.8. My plan was to resubmit the PGX 9.8 and hopefully get a CGC 9.8. I figured the book should be at least a strong 9.6 and hopefully grade out at CGC 9.8 after a good press. I get the book and I can't tell you can how disappointed I am at the book. It looks like a 9.2 to me. There are 4 - long spine stress lines with early 1/8 part of the stress line breaking color. Looking at the picture, it doesn't show as well as having the book in hand. Notice how blurry the pics are in the sellers' auctions so you have no chance to see the stress lines.

amazing129pgx

amazing129closeuppgx

I try calling and emailing PGX to get the grader's notes as I am wondering how can this book be graded so poorly and wonder if the books have been switched although the case does not look like they have been tampered. I get no answer (another red flag???). The X-Men 96 also looks 9.6-9.4 to me (looks way off in my opinion). I think no way a 9.8 again. Anyway, I return both books via Ebay protection and get my refund. No problem except I am pissed off. I let the seller know that I know that she is shilling her auctions.

Now, I see the exact same book offered by another seller: comicnut1969 (Feedback score 181)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-129-9-8-graded-pgx-1st-App-Punisher-Dardevil-Netflix-show-/272008254159?hash=item3f54f492cf

This seller lives in Eugene, OR - same as Ashe_Rodar and as same as guess what PGX.

What is going on here???

my post

I posted about this guy a while ago and reported him. I hope several people here do as well.

bababooey just your post ^_^

Yes, reported but Ebay never seems to do anything about it. This seller was overly aggressive winning quite a few of the shilled auctions. Will Ebay let this seller get away with from paying all the fees? I assume this Seller will attempt to cancel/refund all the shilled wins.

what a garbage can e-bay is..do not buy

Yes, reported but Ebay never seems to do anything about it. This seller was overly aggressive winning quite a few of the shilled auctions. Will Ebay let this seller get away with from paying all the fees? I assume this Seller will attempt to cancel/refund all the shilled wins.

what a garbage can e-bay is..do not buy

There's a lot of scum and grime in garbage cans