• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inhumans movie cancelled?

165 posts in this topic

I'd argue that the Inhumans were popular.

In the late '60s as Marvel was expanding Stan would frequently mention new series that were being developed due to fan requests, and the Inhumans were one of those series.

With Amazing Adventures and Astonishing Tales, the Inhumans, the Black Widow, Dr.Doom & Ka-zar got their own series. None of 'em kept their initial series past issue #20.

Quite a few characters have trouble maintaining an on-going series, but that does not make them unpopular characters.

If so, by this token, then characters like Dr. Doom, Ka-zar, the Black Widow, & Deathlock are not popular characters, as none of them (that I know of as of this writing) had a series lasting much beyond 20-30 issues.

Since after the Marvel expansion, most heroes had their own title it's not surprising people were asking for Inhumans considering who was left. But Inhumans couldn't last longer than a year.

Again I go back to the fact that FF 45 was never valuable until the movie hype

Ka-zar, Black Widow & Deathlok are not popular characters, correct. Widow is popular in the Avengers movies because of superhotsexy Scarlett. Doom is a villian so not sure how he fits in, FF's main bad guy for sure.

I'd argue that the Inhumans were popular.

In the late '60s as Marvel was expanding Stan would frequently mention new series that were being developed due to fan requests, and the Inhumans were one of those series.

With Amazing Adventures and Astonishing Tales, the Inhumans, the Black Widow, Dr.Doom & Ka-zar got their own series. None of 'em kept their initial series past issue #20.

Quite a few characters have trouble maintaining an on-going series, but that does not make them unpopular characters.

If so, by this token, then characters like Dr. Doom, Ka-zar, the Black Widow, & Deathlock are not popular characters, as none of them (that I know of as of this writing) had a series lasting much beyond 20-30 issues.

Can you imagine calling Wolverine or the Surfer lame because they couldn't carry titles? :whistle:

Dr. Doom is another. Arguably one of the greatest created villains of the SA and yet can't carry a title.

It was only in the 90's that both Surfer and Wolvie could carry a title for more than a year. And despite Wolvie being one of the most popular heroes in comics, they had to reboot him. And there are many other characters who fall into the same parameters.

I like the Inhumans and it has nothing to do with Movie hype.

I'm happy to enjoy someone else's lame.

What was the longest running solo Ant-man or Wasp title ?

-J.

You might have stumbled on why they are not making an Inhumans movie right now. With a large cast and presumably larger budget, that movie would have to make far more than Ant-Man did. Ant-Man did okay, but it didn't set the box office on fire.

Maybe Disney saw the return on Ant-Man and had second thoughts about introducing a large ensemble of new characters in their own movie? (shrug)

Didn't Ant-Man make around $500m worldwide? Not bad for a character mostly unknown to the general public prior to that. I would call that at least a good campfire!

I think the issue will be introducing yet another ensemble and how they'll make that work for the movie going public. MCU is getting pretty crowded IMHO.