• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inhumans movie cancelled?

165 posts in this topic

Now that Disney has Spider-man to work with are the Inhumans needed?

As it stands, from a cinematic perspective the only thing we need right now is a Super Powered cosmic good guy to fight Thanos because there is no way anyone currently in the Marvel cinematic Universe could remotely stand up to Thanos.

Other than maybe Nova,Warlock and Starhawk, I honestly don't think Marvel cinematic universe needs MORE heroes in spandex..

It could be bad for the brand to introduce more tier 2 comic characters, let alone an entire team of unknowns.

If Feige announced Adam Warlock finally coming into the Marvel cinematic Universe it would make EVERYONE extremely happy. People would freak out, and it would help the brand immensely..

Now that Disney has Spider-man to work with are the Inhumans needed?

As it stands, from a cinematic perspective the only thing we need right now is a Super Powered cosmic good guy to fight Thanos because there is no way anyone currently in the Marvel cinematic Universe could remotely stand up to Thanos.

Other than maybe Nova,Warlock and Starhawk, I honestly don't think Marvel cinematic universe needs MORE heroes in spandex..

It could be bad for the brand to introduce more tier 2 comic characters, let alone an entire team of unknowns.

If Feige announced Adam Warlock finally coming into the Marvel cinematic Universe it would make EVERYONE extremely happy. People would freak out, and it would help the brand immensely..

Starlord can challenge Thanos to a dance off. Dancing his way across the galaxy, beating one villain at a time!

Marvel has to keep introducing characters. The current crop of actors won't be around indefinitely unless they plan on replacing them. And a reboot would be about as well received as Amazing Spider-Man. I'm skeptical a 3rd Spider-Man reboot in 15 years is going to work as well as the Sam Raimi Spider-Man. Diminishing returns. But, pairing him with other characters is new and will work for audiences.

I'll bet Marvel phase IV is World War Hulk. That will allow Marvel to keep introducing characters organically. But at some point audiences will wonder if our heroes are around to fight villains or each other. Marvel needs to bring some other high caliber villains to the screen. And the FF property is rich in villains.

We still need to see:

Kang

Masters of Evil

Taskmaster

After that, who do they have? A revived Red Skull perhaps.

Most of those are movie related. The TV stuff nowhere near as much.

New Teen Titans (1980) #2 (1st Deathstroke)

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman episode "Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark", played by Antonio Sabàto, Jr; then Slade Wilson appears in the tenth season of Smallville, portrayed by Michael Hogan; then on Arrow from Season One on first as an early version of the character (Bill Wintergreen) and then the traditional version (Slade Wilson).

Is it not fairly obvious at this point that Scott Eastwood's still-unnamed character in Suicide Squad is Slade Wilson?

We still need to see:

Kang

Masters of Evil

Taskmaster

After that, who do they have? A revived Red Skull perhaps.

Agreed, I don't think Baron Zemo is enough

maybe Korvac?

With the Inhumans getting pushed back/canceled lets hope Feige and Kinberg are already making small talk of what to do with all the great Fantastic Four villains such as Annihilus, Doom, Galactus and Terrax.

something is in the works or Inhumans would never have been pushed back. My gut tells me it's the cosmic surfer and Galactus.

I mean, how cool would it be to have phase 4 start with the Herald of Galactus (be it Terrax or Surfer) show up to spoil everyone's fun?

interesting

let's see the fanboys come in and call this latest news BS like they did 6 months ago

I'll take the troll bait, the movie being canceled is as BS now as it was 6 months ago. It's release date being moved isnt BS, and no one said it was then or now.

"Feige, though, insists the Inhumans had more heroic work ahead than just reserving a spot on the calendar for their more-well-known super-powered colleagues. When that is, will that be in phase 3, will that be in phase 4, I'm not sure yet," said Feige. "Because after we announced that, we did shuffle and add some more films to the mix."

Claiming shifts in the Inhumans film date to phase 4, (which hasnt been outlined), is akin to cancelling it is just foolish. If Black Bolt and Medusa appear in Shield, then the movie is canceled, anything other than royal family being used in the TV shows, is simply failing to use common sense and logic.

The Inhumans will be a big part of what comes next, after thanos, and the extra sequels for movies intended as one offs, have pushed their date back, nothing more nor less.

Korvac is the man after Thanos is gone.

Other then Galactus and the Elders who else is more cosmic?

The Korvac Saga has it all. If they do it right it will be a masterpiece.

I think what Thanos is, holds the answer, to what comes after Thanos. But then again I am just speculating, and that might lead knowhere ;)

I think what Thanos is, holds the answer, to what comes after Thanos. But then again I am just speculating, and that might lead knowhere ;)

I'd be interested in seeing some more of The Celestials.

Wouldn't we have to see them in Part 2?

The logical division between Parts 1 & 2 would be to split it after Infinity Gauntlet # 4 -- the Marvel Universe stands defeated, & then the Celestials show up.

/ Fade to Black

Wouldn't we have to see them in Part 2?

The logical division between Parts 1 & 2 would be to split it after Infinity Gauntlet # 4 -- the Marvel Universe stands defeated, & then the Celestials show up.

/ Fade to Black

That would be a great lead-in to the next Marvel movie Phase.

Seeing the Celestial briefly during Guardians was one of my favorite moments from all comic movies.

interesting

let's see the fanboys come in and call this latest news BS like they did 6 months ago

I'll take the troll bait, the movie being canceled is as BS now as it was 6 months ago. It's release date being moved isnt BS, and no one said it was then or now.

"Feige, though, insists the Inhumans had more heroic work ahead than just reserving a spot on the calendar for their more-well-known super-powered colleagues. When that is, will that be in phase 3, will that be in phase 4, I'm not sure yet," said Feige. "Because after we announced that, we did shuffle and add some more films to the mix."

Claiming shifts in the Inhumans film date to phase 4, (which hasnt been outlined), is akin to cancelling it is just foolish. If Black Bolt and Medusa appear in Shield, then the movie is canceled, anything other than royal family being used in the TV shows, is simply failing to use common sense and logic.

The Inhumans will be a big part of what comes next, after thanos, and the extra sequels for movies intended as one offs, have pushed their date back, nothing more nor less.

^ This. This is simple common sense.

But if there's a movie that people want to get all jumping ugly about, apparently Inhumans is the one.

interesting

I, personally, hope they hold it for Phase 5....so my kids can share the experience with their grandkids.

interesting

At last, we agree! lol:banana:

-J.

I would say we'll probably get an Inhumans at some point, but at this point there's no point in locking themselves into a specific schedule, when they have so many movies and potentially new franchises (Captain Marvel, Black Panther) still coming.

interesting

^ This. This is simple common sense.

But if there's a movie that people want to get all jumping ugly about, apparently Inhumans is the one.

No that would be Batman vs Superman.