• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,424 posts in this topic

You just can't have enough original EC's.

Truer words were never spoken!

Looking over your fantastic collection of Avon 100+ pagers, each originally having sold for a quarter, just gave me a brief nostalgic feeling for "back in the day"...Thanks! :grin:

I've had it a long time. I got it on ebay I think. Buttons like this were unauthorized and done by high school kids to commemorate graduations, dances and home coming during the 1940's. They were produced in usually VERY small quantities for students. Most seem to be produced on the east coast, many in PA. I have seen lots of popular newspaper characters produced but not a lot of comic book ones. This might be the only surviving one or at the least maybe only a couple exist. Only one I've seen...

Wish I could have posted this sooner, but since the crime was committed on Halloween I couldn't get documentation until now...

crimemustpay30.jpg

One of things I'm not so fond of when it comes to early 1950s comics, is the tendency of some publishers to plaster the art with dialogue balloons. It's hard to think of examples where the action wouldn't still be perfectly clear without it.

Fortunately with The Perfect Crime, there was far less of it after the first half dozen issues. The worst offender was Biro on his Gleason covers from 1947 onwards.

No ECs in here yet? :o

Now THAT is criminal :D

Let's start with some pre-trend crime titles (already had these group shots bucketed up):

InternationalGroup.jpg

InternationalCPGroup.jpg

I only have a few crime comics by Feldstein but I really like those stories.

:headbang: