• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Ditko Appreciation Thread!

129 posts in this topic

I like them.....indicates where his fist made contact with Electro's jaw in the arc of his swing.

find an issue of The Question - I just know for some reason you won't have any difficulty - and note the liberal usage of these things in the fight scenes. i think their use rose to a head in the Blue Beetle stories though.

given the way Ditko chose to arrange his combatants, there really needs to be something there, I'm just not thrilled at the choice he made

Page 1 of what might be one of the first Mr. A stories, from Witzend #4 1968. Read this and realize that Ditko had left Marvel in a huff a couple of years before.

mrapage.jpg

Page 1 of what might be one of the first Mr. A stories, from Witzend #4 1968. Read this and realize that Ditko had left Marvel in a huff a couple of years before.

You can really see the reflection of Ditko's attraction to the philosophy of objectivism. Mr. A is a poster child for the objectivist view of morality and ethics.

does the "A" stand for AynRand? a man whose super powers are a nigh-omnipotent threshold of selfishness?

okay, i'm just kidding.

Red's icon looks a lot like Victor Sage to me

Red, I have to agree with everything you said about Ditko!! 893applaud-thumb.gifHe is a true Original!! I love his Blue Beetle ,Capt. Atom, Spidey ,& esp. Dr. Strange art . That stuff he did in Strange Tales was completely unique for it's time;Trippy,to say the least!!! thumbsup2.gif

Hi there

I have the original artwork for Ditko's covers to CAPTAIN ATOM # 80 and NUKLA # 4, both from 1966, available for viewing on the Comic Art Fans site.

Here's a link for anyone interested in seeing how the original art compares against the printed page (look under COMIC-BOOK COVERS Gallery # 1):

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

Best

TERRY DOYLE

Hi there

I have the original artwork for Ditko's covers to CAPTAIN ATOM # 80 and NUKLA # 4, both from 1966, available for viewing on the Comic Art Fans site.

Here's a link for anyone interested in seeing how the original art compares against the printed page (look under COMIC-BOOK COVERS Gallery # 1):

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

Best

TERRY DOYLE

Terry, your collection of covers is WONDERFUL! Wow, I love that Captain Atom cover, very nice stuff. And the Star Spangled War dino cover is killer too! cloud9.gif