• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Sellers, Padded Envelopes and Backer Boards NOT SAFE for shipping!

68 posts in this topic

eBay also has Top Rated Plus, which is above and beyond the above and beyond. :)

Isnt that just 1 day handling time?

All items offer a minimum 14-day money-back return policy

Sellers commit to shipping the items in 1 business day with tracking provided

All items are from experienced sellers with the highest buyer ratings

You can open an Ebay case and click the item that says item was damaged. Ebay will print a free label for the return.

The seller will be out for shipping to you and return so hopefully will have learned a lesson. You should not give negative feedback if he does this. You can make a comment that needs to work on packaging the comics.

Why wouldn't you leave a negative? The seller packed it poorly and is causing you (the customer) to go through the hassle of dealing with them for the return, opening a return, buying some type of return envelop/box to ship the comic back in, and going to the post office to ship it back. That's a bunch of work that the customer shouldn't have had to do if the seller had packaged the comic correctly. More often than not the seller didn't package it correctly because they didn't want to be charged an additional $ 3 or $ 4 bucks if they went into the next weight tier.

The only way most eBay sellers change their behavior is to have a ding on their feedback.

i felt this way when i was new to collecting too. Then i learned that if im going to buy comics online, i am going to have to deal with that type of stuff. Give it time. Youll learn these things.

I'm not new to collecting nor buying items online. I've been buying stuff off eBay for 15+ years. Why should my standards for any seller be any different than the standard I would set for myself? Example, I once got a book shipped to me in a USED pizza box. Again, the key word in that sentence was USED. When I wrote the seller about it I got a response advising me that was the only box he had. Gee, do you think I left a negative? Of course I did. I'd never sell anything and then ship it in a used pizza box.

Again, I am the buyer. The customer. The person that keeps money in someone's pocket.

What the seller should be thinking about is:

Is my reputation worth buying materials that will protect what I am selling? If so, then spend the additional 3 or 4 bucks and protect the item and build it into your cost. If it is not, then it shouldn't bother you if an item gets damaged. If that causes your CUSTOMER to spend money, and time to get the damaged item back to you then getting a ding shouldn't matter and you won't be on eBay selling items for very long.

Expecting your customer to keep your reputation at a level higher than the service you provided them is absurd. I reward the sellers on eBay that treat me as a value. They get repeat business and more of my dollars. I may be unusual but I'll pay a bit more to deal with someone I trust and have dealt with in the past for an item.

Was the book shipped in a pizza box damaged? It sounds like you are looking at the whole experience which is fine. There are people that do want, good boxes, bagged and boarded or new bags and boards, all that. Seller just needs to get the book to you in the condition described. Pizza box or not, if the book was fine, the negative was unnecessary. If how its shipped is the problem, buy at shows. If taking the time to send back a book is the problem, buy at shows.

Shipping an item through the mail in a USED pizza box is unsanitary, unpleasant, and just plain stupid. How in the world can you defend that? That's an unusual side ya jumped in on there. Ya ship many items in your used pizza boxes to people you sell things to on eBay? If you do then you have a strange customer base that puts up with that. If not, why not? It seems that if the item in question isn't damaged a large amount of pizza grease, cheese stuck to the box, and crumbs shouldn't make a difference to you and/or your customers. You are defending the use of the used pizza box here. Also, since it doesn't seem to bother you then you should do it at every opportunity you have. Think of all the money you'd save in packaging.

I save more money just by using priority mail supplies. Im not defending the pizza box, just defending that he got the book to you in the condition described and you gave him a negative because of his packaging.

I gave him a negative due to his poor customer service, his poor packaging, and the experience of finding grease, cheese, and pizza crumbs on the inside of the box I received. His reply back to my message about the used pizza box certainly helped me jump at leaving the negative. Unlike you I expect a level of professionalism and pride from the opposite party in my purchases.

That too much to ask for in comic book realm?

You can open an Ebay case and click the item that says item was damaged. Ebay will print a free label for the return.

The seller will be out for shipping to you and return so hopefully will have learned a lesson. You should not give negative feedback if he does this. You can make a comment that needs to work on packaging the comics.

Why wouldn't you leave a negative? The seller packed it poorly and is causing you (the customer) to go through the hassle of dealing with them for the return, opening a return, buying some type of return envelop/box to ship the comic back in, and going to the post office to ship it back. That's a bunch of work that the customer shouldn't have had to do if the seller had packaged the comic correctly. More often than not the seller didn't package it correctly because they didn't want to be charged an additional $ 3 or $ 4 bucks if they went into the next weight tier.

The only way most eBay sellers change their behavior is to have a ding on their feedback.

i felt this way when i was new to collecting too. Then i learned that if im going to buy comics online, i am going to have to deal with that type of stuff. Give it time. Youll learn these things.

I'm not new to collecting nor buying items online. I've been buying stuff off eBay for 15+ years. Why should my standards for any seller be any different than the standard I would set for myself? Example, I once got a book shipped to me in a USED pizza box. Again, the key word in that sentence was USED. When I wrote the seller about it I got a response advising me that was the only box he had. Gee, do you think I left a negative? Of course I did. I'd never sell anything and then ship it in a used pizza box.

Again, I am the buyer. The customer. The person that keeps money in someone's pocket.

What the seller should be thinking about is:

Is my reputation worth buying materials that will protect what I am selling? If so, then spend the additional 3 or 4 bucks and protect the item and build it into your cost. If it is not, then it shouldn't bother you if an item gets damaged. If that causes your CUSTOMER to spend money, and time to get the damaged item back to you then getting a ding shouldn't matter and you won't be on eBay selling items for very long.

Expecting your customer to keep your reputation at a level higher than the service you provided them is absurd. I reward the sellers on eBay that treat me as a value. They get repeat business and more of my dollars. I may be unusual but I'll pay a bit more to deal with someone I trust and have dealt with in the past for an item.

Was the book shipped in a pizza box damaged? It sounds like you are looking at the whole experience which is fine. There are people that do want, good boxes, bagged and boarded or new bags and boards, all that. Seller just needs to get the book to you in the condition described. Pizza box or not, if the book was fine, the negative was unnecessary. If how its shipped is the problem, buy at shows. If taking the time to send back a book is the problem, buy at shows.

Shipping an item through the mail in a USED pizza box is unsanitary, unpleasant, and just plain stupid. How in the world can you defend that? That's an unusual side ya jumped in on there. Ya ship many items in your used pizza boxes to people you sell things to on eBay? If you do then you have a strange customer base that puts up with that. If not, why not? It seems that if the item in question isn't damaged a large amount of pizza grease, cheese stuck to the box, and crumbs shouldn't make a difference to you and/or your customers. You are defending the use of the used pizza box here. Also, since it doesn't seem to bother you then you should do it at every opportunity you have. Think of all the money you'd save in packaging.

I save more money just by using priority mail supplies. Im not defending the pizza box, just defending that he got the book to you in the condition described and you gave him a negative because of his packaging.

I gave him a negative due to his poor customer service, his poor packaging, and the experience of finding grease, cheese, and pizza crumbs on the inside of the box I received. His reply back to my message about the used pizza box certainly helped me jump at leaving the negative. Unlike you I expect a level of professionalism and pride from the opposite party in my purchases.

That too much to ask for in comic book realm?

Not at all. At a restaurant i expect that too. Pretty much anything for that matter. Just dont care about it when it comes to comic books. If im committed to buying a book, just want the book. Dont care about the service. If someone shipped me a 9.8 af15 in a tissue box and there was no damage, id leave him positive feedback.

I'm sick of it as well.. I had a few instances where they do most of it correctly but then put it all in a cardboard envelope not a box.. Those stupid things fold just as easy as the yellow padded envelopes, and then you have to deal with a miffed seller who acts like its your fault..

I prefer to receive my comics undamaged rather than damaged, whatever the shipping material is, period.

Now if I really feel that I was lucky to receive my comics undamaged because of what I consider an improper packaging, I will just politely notice the seller in order to improve his packaging for the future including my future orders if I want to purchase from him again, no need to leave a negative feedback if the books are not damaged.

...just box merchandise with internal padding/stiff support, and charge the buyer proper S&H for sending merchandise in a professional manner.

Too many try to do this "Free Shipping" or shipping on the cheap with collectibles.

The truth is, if you want quality merchandise delivered where condition is a factor, then it costs money to ship items professionally, also sometimes including the costs of packaging materials where a seller might need to add that "handling" fee, on top of the fact if selling on eBay that eBay charges the seller a commission on shipping revenue, so a seller is losing (an overhead cost) if they quote exact shipping fees, so cut sellers a little slack for the S&H fees.

It's when sellers use S&H as a profit center and ship shoddy that it's an issue.

^^

I prefer to receive my comics undamaged rather than damaged, whatever the shipping material is, period.

Now if I really feel that I was lucky to receive my comics undamaged because of what I consider an improper packaging, I will just politely notice the seller in order to improve his packaging for the future including my future orders if I want to purchase from him again, no need to leave a negative feedback if the books are not damaged.

(thumbs u

If you got your comics undamaged, there really isn't any reason to neg the seller.

I buy the book, not the packaging. Frankly, I don't give a damn about the packaging as long as the comic gets to me in the condition I pay for. The seller's responsibility is to get the comic to me without damage. I collect comics, not packing material.