• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

449 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2023 at 5:46 PM, Bosco685 said:

FvFolB1acAEgx7k.thumb.jpeg.e4d2625d9dc8c258f94e0a046f5cdbc3.jpeg

Oh boy - lets see them work this storyline in..........

On 5/2/2023 at 4:57 PM, Bosco685 said:

Is it a rough part of the comic book run?

I actually enjoyed the comic book except where

Spoiler

Huey goes home to Ireland

I went through the comics in about 2 weeks it's not a bad read. Butcher is definitely better in the comics.

If you're a fan of Amazon and showrunner & executive producer Eric Kripke's The Boys, then it's important to appreciate why today is such an important day. That's because, on this date in 2022, S03E04 "Glorious Five-Year Plan" (directed by Julian Holmes and written by Meredith Glynn) introduced us to Jensen Ackles' Soldier Boy in all of his glory. So what better day than today to celebrate Vought's OG supe? Not only do we have a look back at his Season 3 journey on a number of different levels, but we also have a rundown of recent Soldier Boy posts. But first, a look back at our pitch/theory on how Soldier Boy could return in a very big way – and be a problem for both Homelander (Antony Starr) and Butcher (Karl Urban).

By the time the smoke cleared on the season finale, "The Instant White-Hot Wild," we had a very interesting power dynamic left in play. Though Butcher (Urban) is "dead man walking" due to V24, our heroes now officially have Annie (Erin Moriarty) on their side. That, combined with a more unified approach to the team and the sick set of skills they each bring, makes The Boys as skillfully deadly as they've ever been. I mean, we saw just one example of what Kimiko (Karen Fukuhara) can do once she's come to peace with every aspect of who she truly is.

I keep saying it - but nothing can happen until - like in the comics - the entire group is permanently juiced up.

There's no way around it. Homelander kills them all with a soft fart.

They need V to fight the supes.

If they don't do that soon, they will paint themselves into a corner which they can't get out of.

They need to up the bad language and frequent sex scenes the comic was famous for.

Herogasm was so tame it became pointless.

In the comics Wee Hughie infiltrates a supes mansion - without juice for the whole team, that arc just doesn't get done (not to mention the sex scenes) - the book doesn't work without them, neither would the show.

The Russian arc was unrecognisable - and seeing as it was essential to the comic, I don't know why they changed it so far away from the original.

For those who haven't read it - do so!

On 6/11/2023 at 10:32 PM, Beige said:

I keep saying it - but nothing can happen until - like in the comics - the entire group is permanently juiced up.

If they don't do that soon, they will paint themselves into a corner which they can't get out of.

They need to up the bad language and frequent sex scenes the comic was famous for.

In the comics Wee Hughie infiltrates a supes mansion - without juice for the whole team, that arc just doesn't get done (not to mention the sex scenes) - the book doesn't work without them, neither would the show.

The Russian arc was unrecognisable - and seeing as it was essential to the comic, I don't know why they changed it so far away from the original.

I really think the comics are way better than the show.  The show isn't bad (except that season 3 finale), but they tame so many things down.  It gets annoying with only Homelander being the big bad, I'd like more villain's from the comics and a season where Homelander isn't the big bad. 

On 6/11/2023 at 10:32 PM, Beige said:

Plus, the way Homelander is eventually defeated can't happen in the show, unless major changes are made. 

On 6/13/2023 at 4:28 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

I really think the comics are way better than the show.  The show isn't bad (except that season 3 finale), but they tame so many things down.  It gets annoying with only Homelander being the big bad, I'd like more villain's from the comics and a season where Homelander isn't the big bad. 

Some things don't translate from comics to the screen, it just comes across as so far over the top.   Sincity was a great example of that.

I thought she'd had plastic surgery too.

She looks very different.

However this just reminds me why I avoid social media.

On 1/28/2024 at 9:34 AM, Beige said:

I thought she'd had plastic surgery too.

She looks very different.

However this just reminds me why I avoid social media.

It was a filter.   Say if you wanted the "South Korean" package of surgery, they could show you the resulting look ahead of time.