• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

Truly great show.

You just know Butcher will have a massive choice to make next season........

9/10

On 7/8/2022 at 9:47 PM, Beige said:

Truly great show.

You just know Butcher will have a massive choice to make next season........

9/10

Great.  Though they should have made a deal with SB to get Ryan away and then kill homelander. Then they use the gas on him. 

But I guess they had to drag this out another season. 

Also,  SB kept his word. Hardcore. 

On 7/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, WolverineX said:

Great.  Though they should have made a deal with SB to get Ryan away and then kill homelander. Then they use the gas on him. 

But I guess they had to drag this out another season. 

Also,  SB kept his word. Hardcore. 

Not a fan?

I know it's pizzpoor compared to the comic (one of my faves) - but it does have at least SOME resemblance to it.

The little Nina arc was just erased - that was a great arc, and well, they need the blue, not some hybrid 'temp V'

Herogasm wasn't herogasm

Looking at the ending, I'm guessing the Dakota Bob / Vic The Veep story is getting changed. 

And not for the better - a clandestine supe for Vic The Veep - just no.

"I whant mah dicky-hat"

The little Nina and Vic storylines should have been kept as is.

Still a great show - but a pale imitation of the comic.

On 7/9/2022 at 2:36 AM, Beige said:

Not a fan?

I know it's pizzpoor compared to the comic (one of my faves) - but it does have at least SOME resemblance to it.

The little Nina arc was just erased - that was a great arc, and well, they need the blue, not some hybrid 'temp V'

Herogasm wasn't herogasm

Looking at the ending, I'm guessing the Dakota Bob / Vic The Veep story is getting changed. 

And not for the better - a clandestine supe for Vic The Veep - just no.

"I whant mah dicky-hat"

The little Nina and Vic storylines should have been kept as is.

Still a great show - but a pale imitation of the comic.

No , I really like it but they could have easily ended homelander this season.  I'm getting annoyed they are dragging this into 2 more seasons 

On 7/9/2022 at 11:02 PM, manetteska said:

I understand SB wasn’t the hero everyone wanted, but why was most of the team set on stopping him from killing Homelander? I understand in some ways SB was worse but he basically kept his word from the start, getting revenge on the team who betrayed him.

Exactly.  Very weak reason that the kid is why they started fighting amongst each other.   Just move the kid away and they are back on their mission.  

For all his weaknesses and outdated opinions,  SB kept his word. 

On 7/9/2022 at 11:02 PM, manetteska said:

I understand SB wasn’t the hero everyone wanted, but why was most of the team set on stopping him from killing Homelander? I understand in some ways SB was worse but he basically kept his word from the start, getting revenge on the team who betrayed him.

I think they just didn't want SB to kill Homelander in Vought tower because of all the damage to the civilians it would have caused.  They mentioned that a bit earlier in the episode, something along the lines of 2 to 3 thousand dead if the attack happened in Voight Tower.  Had they been in the middle of a field I think the team would have told SB to go at it and have fun.

On 7/10/2022 at 6:07 PM, media_junkie said:

I think they just didn't want SB to kill Homelander in Vought tower because of all the damage to the civilians it would have caused.  They mentioned that a bit earlier in the episode, something along the lines of 2 to 3 thousand dead if the attack happened in Voight Tower.  Had they been in the middle of a field I think the team would have told SB to go at it and have fun.

But then they evacuated the building prior to the fight via Hughie making an announcement.

And I believe the second team didn’t see SB go after the kid, just immediately  went after him as opposed to Homelander (not as sure on this point).

The thing is though - the massive 'what the heck' about who Black Noir really was - in the comic - was just changed.

One of the biggest twists of the whole comic.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, Beige said:

The thing is though - the massive 'what the heck' about who Black Noir really was - in the comic - was just changed.

One of the biggest twists of the whole comic.

I think there's another twist of some sort coming; it wouldn't be much of a surprise if they kept the same reveal. Also, I liked how they potrayed BN in Season 3. Definitely gave him a lot more depth than the comic and somewhat sympathetic character. 

Season 3 was amazing. I hope this means that we see SB again since he is a SBsicle for now.

Unfortunately, this what we have to look forward to with all of the other comic and SW streaming shows until Season 4 of The Boys.

Jurassic Park Dr Malcolm GIF - Jurassic Park Dr Malcolm Shade GIFs

Edited by kimik