• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2022 at 10:23 AM, jsilverjanet said:

If I had to describe this show in one word outside of "bloody" it would be fearless

this show makes zero apologies and is so raw. I wish Amazon had made a deal to make Preacher

Needed to hand it over to Eric Kripke and ban Seth Rogan from ever touching a comic property again.

I think Season 3 has been the best of them so far. I am not sure how they are going to top Herogasm though. As a one off episode it was brilliant encapsulation of the show as a whole - darkness, great fight scene, crazy supes sex party, even crazier warehouse scene with Kimiko and Frenchie, Octopussy, and the list goes on.

I would imagine that this was the casts' favourite episode to shoot so far.

Edited by kimik

On 6/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, Artboy99 said:

loved it.

There is some interesting "chatter" online regarding who actually is stronger of the two.

I am currently undecided. 

The three of them battling Homelander reminded me of Avengers taking on Thanos.  Whole new level of respect for me.

Soldier Boy didn't get a chance to deliver his knockout though. Got to give it to Homelander for escaping.

the show really needs to address this blowout power of his. At times he acts like he doesn't know when he's using it, (I blacked out) (What just happened?), other times he appears to use the power on purpose. 

On 6/25/2022 at 3:07 PM, fett said:

the show really needs to address this blowout power of his. At times he acts like he doesn't know when he's using it, (I blacked out) (What just happened?), other times he appears to use the power on purpose. 

The two blackouts were down to flashbacks to when he was being held by the Russians weren't they? The Herogasm one against T and T definitely was as that song set him off. When he was trying to use it against Homelander it was like he was struggling to bring it out as if he hasn't got much control over it.

On 6/26/2022 at 9:35 PM, Boozad said:

The two blackouts were down to flashbacks to when he was being held by the Russians weren't they? The Herogasm one against T and T definitely was as that song set him off. When he was trying to use it against Homelander it was like he was struggling to bring it out as if he hasn't got much control over it.

Every time I rewatch that scene, I can't help but think how the heck was he able to stop it after Homelander took off (SB seemed just at the edge of his herogasm release)? Hughie (at least) should have been evaporated.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 6/23/2022 at 5:57 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Needed to hand it over to Eric Kripke and ban Seth Rogan from ever touching a comic property again.

Hes currently doing an animated TMNT movie for Netflix, so they're next to suffer. 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:04 AM, bronze_rules said:

Every time I rewatch that scene, I can't help but think how the heck was he able to stop it after Homelander took off (SB seemed just at the edge of his herogasm release)? Hughie (at least) should have been evaporated.

Yeah I thought Hughie was toast but obviously not. I could only take that as his power needs charging (it's never been instantaneous even in the blackouts) and as it was interrupted it just petered out as it hadn't reached charge. Pretty much like the time I was preparing an almighty fart and my daughter punched me in the gut and I just sucked it back in. Could be wrong though, I haven't really got to grasp with how his power works, just trying to throw some ideas around. 

But Hughie really shouldn't have been around still unless the temporary V saved him.