• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay - revised: wah wah wah

43 posts in this topic

I don't do a whole lot of buying and selling on ebay myself, but between this site and another site I frequent I can probably find a few posts every week about sellers not shipping on time and excuses being made for not shipping. In no way am I saying in this particular case you are just making excuses, but maybe that's how the buyer feels. You said you probably didn't communicate the delay as soon as you should have so I'm guessing the buyer contacted you to see where his book was and that's when he was told about the delay?

I'm a pretty patient person myself so your reasoning wouldn't bother me, but a lot of ebayers don't seem to have that kind of patience. I'd just take it as a lesson learned to make sure you communicate any kind of delay immediately. Even then you're bound to run into one of those people where nothing is ever good enough.

i would find the response more reasonable if i did not send him good free krap. sure, it turns out the idea of having a dupe is a bizarre concept to him, but criminey, how am I supposed to know that in advance? what if i gave him a full refund and said keep the comic? the book would still be late. a neutral would be flat-out douchebaggery.

as the bible says, "do on to others..."

people should remember that sometimes.

i would find the response more reasonable if i did not send him good free krap. sure, it turns out the idea of having a dupe is a bizarre concept to him, but criminey, how am I supposed to know that in advance? what if i gave him a full refund and said keep the comic? the book would still be late. a neutral would be flat-out douchebaggery.

as the bible says, "do on to others..."

people should remember that sometimes.

Do ON to others....?

hm

Did you communicate to the buyer you were holding back because of the hurricane?

My guess is this is the problem

If you would have told him right away that you were delaying shipping because of the hurricane, he would have done one of two things.

1. Said that's fine, thanks for telling me

or

2. Said I'm not worried about the hurricane, go ahead and send it now.

Communication is the key to avoiding misunderstandings.

That being said, I would have accepted the extra issue as more than fair compensation for the delay, and left you positive feedback.

most ebay sellers don't do jack in terms of extras when shipping is slow, particularly when the shipping is free to start with. heck, it took 3 weeks to get my shipment from milehigh and i paid $8 shipping.

well, you're in NYC, not on the west coast, so if it took 2 weeks to get you a package 5 miles away I might deserve lousy feedback a bit more

many people have their ebay IDs in their profiles. i do not. for now i want to keep my lives here and on ebay separate, not that i have any doubt some of the detectives here could figure me out in 30 seconds based on posts. i'll leave it a challenge.

I sent out everything on time during Joaquin, and we got crushed. :foryou:

my concerns about shipping stuff out before this hurricane turned out to be unfounded. hindsight is 20/20.

thank you for rubbing salt in my wounds. yes, after 15 years and 1300+ flawless feedback they suspended my wife's selling privileges because one guy got pissy about slow shipping on 4 media mail packages that got to him like 2 days after the estimated delivery date ebay gave. i was selling so little at the time 4 hits destroyed my seller rating and i was so busy at work i could not list and sell enough stuff to salvage it in the 30 days or so ebay gave me to get it to whatever number they were looking for. i think s 4.5 on shipping, i was at like a 4.1 or something on shipping time. everything else was 5s.

If the buyer doesn't sell comics and has no intention of starting I can see where an extra duplicate copy may not mean very much to them.

This. I have a small and focused collection. An extra copy would just annoy me.

----------

the buyer actually does sell comics. not a big volume though. here is a feedback he got as a seller:

"Poor shipping. Sent Book unsecured and item bent by USPS. No cardboard!"

If the buyer doesn't sell comics and has no intention of starting I can see where an extra duplicate copy may not mean very much to them.

This. I have a small and focused collection. An extra copy would just annoy me.

----------

the buyer actually does sell comics. not a big volume though. here is a feedback he got as a seller:

"Poor shipping. Sent Book unsecured and item bent by USPS. No cardboard!"

Im not suggesting this, but some people would purchase an item of his and then leave him negative or poor feedback in return .

Then he might be interested in removing the previous bad feedback in exchange for removing his....

well, you're in NYC, not on the west coast, so if it took 2 weeks to get you a package 5 miles away I might deserve lousy feedback a bit more

many people have their ebay IDs in their profiles. i do not. for now i want to keep my lives here and on ebay separate, not that i have any doubt some of the detectives here could figure me out in 30 seconds based on posts. i'll leave it a challenge.

quite honestly, I would never give lousy feedback for something like that. My concern is buying raw books that are advertised as NMs and may look like NMs ....except for that water damage the seller failed to notice. Ive obviously been burned once or twice.