• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know or has anyone dealt with this person?

458 posts in this topic

Explain the details of the deal if you want actual advice.

Details? Well this is a deal for a af15 cgc 2.5 signed by stan lee and my client is interested in buying it.

That's all there is to the deal for now really (shrug) and that they asked me to find out of he's legit or not and I looked but couldn't really find anything about him.

How did your client find out about this AF15 SS?

And is this a straight up yellow label, or is it restored/qualified?

Because 4-figures (under $10K) for a AF15 2.5 SS unqualified/unrestored sounds "too good to be true".

I found it for the since they told me they were looking for mega keys and it's a yellow label with no resto and it's not hard to believe that you can get a comic I had previous deals work out for similar amounts for the same comic and the client got it but I'm not sure about the guy selling it.

"same comic"?

Wait, so how many times have you bought and sold an AF15 at prices like this?

???

so far twice and is this 2.5 ss works out it will be my third af15 at a price like that ;)

Shenanigans.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Details? Well this is a deal for a af15 cgc 2.5 signed by stan lee and my client is interested in buying it.

That's all there is to the deal for now really (shrug) and that they asked me to find out of he's legit or not and I looked but couldn't really find anything about him.

Because 4-figures (under $10K) for a AF15 2.5 SS unqualified/unrestored sounds "too good to be true".

I found it for the since they told me they were looking for mega keys and it's a yellow label with no resto and it's not hard to believe that you can get a comic I had previous deals work out for similar amounts for the same comic and the client got it but I'm not sure about the guy selling it.

"same comic"?

???

so far twice and is this 2.5 ss works out it will be my third af15 at a price like that ;)

Wow! If you're finding multiple copies of AF15 for WAY under FMV (which this one sounds like to me)... WTH do you need "clients" for?

(shrug)

Simple I need them to buy the comics so that I can get a commission for it.

"same comic"?

???

Is so confusing trying to figure out what you're saying sometimes. What do you mean you're client got it but you're not sure if the seller did? Did they not get paid?

sorry I meant to say that the client got the comic and it was a good deal for my client but not sure what client thought of the deal.

"same comic"?

???

Wow! If you're finding multiple copies of AF15 for WAY under FMV (which this one sounds like to me)... WTH do you need "clients" for?

(shrug)

So the seller is paying you a commission because it is so hard to find a buyer for an AF #15?

"same comic"?

???

Shenanigans.

what pics do you need?

"same comic"?

???

(shrug)

So the seller is paying you a commission because it is so hard to find a buyer for an AF #15?

No I only had the happen once but their expectations were ridiculous so I said I didn't want to do it. How I do it is find comics for buyers and get a commission for it provided it's a price they agree on.

"same comic"?

???

Shenanigans.

what pics do you need?

It is a "saying." It means I am calling your claimed broker sales into question and requesting that you provide proof of these deals.

Free advice is worth exactly what I'm charging you for it, but here it is: Nobody is perfect, me most of all, but if you truly want to succeed in the comic business, or any other for that matter, take the time to use proper grammar and punctuation in your posts and messages. If I was a potential customer and emails or messages from you looked like most of your posts on the boards, I would have a tough time taking you seriously, and consequently, would likely not do business with you. My thinking is, if a person can't be bothered to properly and coherently put a sentence together, how do I know that their service will be any better than their grammar? It might seem like a small thing, but simply saying that "grammar isn't my strong suit" followed by your constant use of the smiley face emoticon isn't going to cut it when a potential deal involves hundreds or thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to dump on you, just offering some helpful advice. Whether you decide to take it or leave it is completely up to you.

How do you prevent the buyer from saying they are not interested after you find the comic, only to cut you out and buy it themselves?
magic.gif

Best reply yet. I am sure he has researched putting his clients into binding contracts to protect his time and investment.

How do you prevent the buyer from saying they are not interested after you find the comic, only to cut you out and buy it themselves?

I don't prevent it 100% but I give them the info after I buy the comic and usually deals go sour in my experience because of the offers the dealers make if you have any tips I'd love to hear them :)

magic.gif

Best reply yet. I am sure he has researched putting his clients into binding contracts to protect his time and investment.

I tried a contract before and people stay away from me like the plague :(

Free advice is worth exactly what I'm charging you for it, but here it is: Nobody is perfect, me most of all, but if you truly want to succeed in the comic business, or any other for that matter, take the time to use proper grammar and punctuation in your posts and messages. If I was a potential customer and emails or messages from you looked like most of your posts on the boards, I would have a tough time taking you seriously, and consequently, would likely not do business with you. My thinking is, if a person can't be bothered to properly and coherently put a sentence together, how do I know that their service will be any better than their grammar? It might seem like a small thing, but simply saying that "grammar isn't my strong suit" followed by your constant use of the smiley face emoticon isn't going to cut it when a potential deal involves hundreds or thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to dump on you, just offering some helpful advice. Whether you decide to take it or leave it is completely up to you.

For emails and messages I do my best with grammar and punctuation and yes I do use the smiley face emoticon a lot because it would seem in my mind I'm not as friendly or is that wrong? would it make me more professional?

magic.gif

I tried a contract before and people stay away from me like the plauge :(

Without a contract how do you secure a deal? You're buying these books outright right? Whose money are you using? If I hire you to buy an AF 15 2.0 (According to you, you can get it for 7k for me) where are you getting that 7k from? If I pull out, now you're stuck with a 7k book until you find someone to buy it (which could take weeks/months)

magic.gif

I tried a contract before and people stay away from me like the plauge :(

Without a contract how do you secure a deal? You're buying these books outright right? Whose money are you using? If I hire you to buy an AF 15 2.0 (According to you, you can get it for 7k for me) where are you getting that 7k from? If I pull out, now you're stuck with a 7k book until you find someone to buy it (which could take weeks/months)

I use the agreements as proof that I did so in the email and messages sent. The comics are bought by the client that requests them and they are using their own money. Again they are using their own money to buy the comic and I don't buy the comic myself as I don't have that pull yet and because nothing happened it would still be with the seller of the comic.

If I hire you to buy an AF 15 2.0 (According to you, you can get it for 7k for me) where are you getting that 7k from? If I pull out, now you're stuck with a 7k book until you find someone to buy it (which could take weeks/months)

In the case of an AF15 2.0@7k more like seconds/minutes but a valid question nonetheless. :grin:

For emails and messages I do my best with grammar and punctuation and yes I do use the smiley face emoticon a lot because it would seem in my mind I'm not as friendly or is that wrong? would it make me more professional?

You can be friendly without constantly using that thing. Personally, it's just annoying seeing it in every post, but that's just me. Capitalizing the first word of every sentence would look a lot more professional than any emoticon.