• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's LEGION TV show by FX
1 1

289 posts in this topic

Legion Season 2 Will Feature Iconic X-Men Costumes, Locations, and Hairstyles

legion-season-2-x-men-costumes-hair-loca

While at San Diego Comic-Con 2017, we here at Comicbook.com had a chance to sit down with the cast and showrunner of Legion, to talk about what season 2 will bring. One of the more exciting things we learned in that conversation was that the upcoming season will bringing some costumes, locales, and even hairstyles that are plucked straight form X-Men comic book cannon!

When we talked to Legion stars Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza at San Diego Comic-Con 2017, we had to ask which iconic X-Men comic book elements will be featured in season 2. According to Dan Stevens: 

"There's some cool outfits that we haven't seen; there's some hair that we've got to work up to; there's also some locations... there's some stuff in Tibet in the comics, I wouldn't be adverse to it."

Actress Aubrey Plaza added a suggestion: "There's Farouk's [The Shadow King] family - let's bring the family in. See where this  comes from." 

Since Legion exists in a separate reality form the X-Men movie universe, with an interpretation of the comics that's very different, it remains to be see what kind of "outfits" we'll see, and what the iconography behind those outfits is. As for the hair: In the comics, David Haller/Legion sports a pretty unique and distinct hairstyle - one that Marge Simpson would be proud of. It's not exactly a hairstyle that will look all that natural or sensible in live-action, so it'll be interesting to see how Legion pulls it off. 

Still working my way thru the 1st season and it's very good but way too much of a head mucker to plow thru it.  I've got two more episodes left which hopefully will be done this weekend.  Definetely liking it!

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Still working my way thru the 1st season and it's very good but way too much of a head mucker to plow thru it.  I've got two more episodes left which hopefully will be done this weekend.  Definetely liking it!

If season two spends anywhere near as much time in the Astral Plane as season one did, I think I'm done.

Legion: Jean Smart Says Filming With Jemaine Clement Was Emotionally Difficult

ComicBook.com caught up with actor Jean Smart at the San Diego Comic-Con to learn about her reaction to filming those scenes with costar Jemaine Clement.

“I couldn’t do some of those scenes with him without crying,” Smart admitted. “And Noah [Hawley, series creator] didn’t want me to cry, I couldn’t help it. I said I’m sorry… The thought- I’m going to start crying right now! I mean, the thought of her talking to her husband, especially when he’s not sure who she is, and she’s thinking ‘I can’t believe you’re actually here but I can’t grab you because you don’t know who I am.’”

That disconnect of finally being reunited but physically while still remaining so distant made shooting the scene emotional for Smart.

“He’s probably thinking, ‘Who is this nice lady who cries every time she looks at me?’” Smart said. “[Noah] tried very hard to use takes where I wasn’t crying.”

The pair will return for Season Two, but don’t expect another potential reunion to be any happier between the husband and wife.

“I hope at some point they really get together again, but I have a feeling Noah’s not going to let that happen too soon,” Smart said. “He’s going to torture me.”

I felt bad for Melanie Bird and Oliver. It made it sadder that he was snatched away by the Shadow King.

'Wonder Woman' Star Exits 'Legion' Season 2

jyLemC5.png

The second season of Legion on FX has lost its Shadow King. According to Variety, Wonder Woman star Said Taghmaoui has dropped out of playing the villain in the second season of the X-Men television series, which is currently filming in Los Angeles.

Taghmaoui made a post on social media reading, “Finally I’m not going to be in Legion but a big surprise coming soon.”

A spokesperson for FX confirmed Taghmaoui’s departure and that the network would recast the Shadow King role, but did not elaborate on what led to this decision. A representative for Taghmaoui decline to comment on the situation.

Legion began shooting its second season in September. There’s no way to know how much footage was should with Taghmaoui or whether any of it will be salvageable for us in the final product.

Legion Season 2 Officially Set to Premiere in April

Dan-Stevens-in-Legion-Season-1-Episode-8

FX and Legion creator Noah Hawley has confirmed that the trippy X-Men TV show will return for season 2 this April. The series tells the story of David Haller (Dan Stevens), a mutant whose telekinetic and psychic abilities lead him to believe he is mentally unstable.

Easily the most visually audacious comic book TV show of all time, Legion’s first season was a fun, terrifying excursion through the lens of the kind of mutants who don’t put on spandex and fight supervillains with regularity. The show was largely populated with more offbeat characters like David’s love interest Syd Barrett (Rachel Keller), a mutant who trades bodies with anyone she touches, and Carry/Kerry Loudermilk (Bill Irwin and Amber Midthunder), two separate people who usually inhabit the same body.

Legion Season 2 Casts Homeland Actor as Shadow King

navid-negahban-legion-season-2-shadow-ki

Legion season 2 will see the Shadow King take on a new face; fans will get to meet Amahl Farouk himself, played by Homeland veteran Navid Negahban.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, showrunner Noah Hawley revealed that the Shadow King has been recast. Navid Negahban will play the part of Amahl Farouk, replacing Wonder Woman‘s Said Taghmaoui. Fans will recognize Negahban for playing Islamic terrorist Abu Nazir in Homeland, although he’s more recently appeared in Mistresses and The Messengers. This time around, Nazir is taking on a massively important role.

'Legion' Season 2 Will Have a Time Jump

Legion Season Two will begin one year after the events of the first season's finale. David Haller (Dan Stevens) will be trying to piece together what has happened in the year between.

Showrunner Noah Hawley explained the time jump decision during FX's TCA panel.

“It’s a couple of things,” Hawley said. “If the first year was the story of an insane man in a sane world, then I was interested in looking at David now being the sane man in an insane world. We’ve established he doesn’t have schizophrenia and he has these abilities. There is this time jump, for him to come back and suddenly the world is a very different place. I was interested this year in looking at a mass psychology. Mental illness can also be cultural in a way so those issues were interesting to me. We’re also exploring with Dan, he’s on a journey here in which in the language of this world, you have heroes and villains. It’s not determined yet where he’s going to end up. A lot of that’s going to have to do with what’s holding him on the good path, this love story with Rachel and his experience with Farouk. That’s really interesting to explore I hope.”

Legion star Dan Stevens says the time jump also gives him new struggles to work through as David.

“Issues of trust and in terms of who exactly has rescued him, what have they rescued him from,” Stevens said. “Is he a force for good or evil? Either way, is he being used? What does that then turn that into? Which team does he end up playing for is always at play I think. that’s really heightened this year.”

The following Fearless teaser provides our first glimpse of some footage from the highly-anticipated second season of FX's Legion, which is set to return to our screens this April.

157491.jpg

DU45mZuX4AA72WQ.jpg

X-Men Legend Chris Claremont Praises 'Legion'

With a trailer for season two finally online and a documentary coming up from XLrator about Claremont's pervasive influence on the X-Men family of comics and films, Claremont told ComicBook.com that he loves what showrunner Noah Hawley managed to do with the character.

“Legion is totally what Bill and I had in mind, both conceptually and miraculously the visual of the character and the story itself,” Claremont said during an interview in support of Chris Claremont's X-Men, coming to video-on-demand services on February 6.

Claremont was more generally critical of the direction comics and the films based on them have gone in recent years, suggesting that exploitation of existing properties has taken priority over creating new content, and that as a result publishers and studios are doing a lot of things that feel repetitive.

Legion, then, stands out not just because Claremont likes it but because implicit in that praise is the idea that the show is doing something different.

'Legion' Star Dan Stevens Teases Professor X in Season 2

legion-professor-x-season-2-1088552-640x

if you're a fan of Marvel Comics it probably wasn't a "bombshell" per se, but when it was confirmed that Professor X was the David's biological dad in the show, it was a revelation all the same.

Series star Dan Stevens spoke with Collider about that reveal and teased how it would come in to play in Season 2, though his comments seem to indicate that fans should be patient to find out more about Charles Xavier's role in the FX series.

Asked if the reveal would be affect David moving forward, Stevens said simply said "it's always there."

"It’s always plaguing him or ringing bells in the background of whatever is going on," said Stevens. "It’s less at the forefront of his mind, at the beginning of this season, but it definitely comes into play, as we move on, as it does naturally for people who discover that they are adopted. It’s an intriguing prospect, I’ll say that."

Professor X has yet to actually appear on the series, though he was depicted as a chalk drawing in David's mind as he attempted to decipher his relationship with the Shadow King. Then there was a shot of his iconic wheelchair, which Stevens revealed has a special connection to the X-Men cinematic universe.

"[That was] the actual wheelchair from The X-Men movies, by the way, which was awesome," Stevens said. "It came up to Vancouver in a special crate and there was almost a ceremony, as it was un-boxed. It was really cool."

Legion showrunner Noah Hawley has toyed with the idea of including Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy, the two actors famous for playing Professor X on the big screen. It remains to be seen if either will make an appearance, if Hawley will cast someone new, or if they'll go a different route entirely.