• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does JOHN BYRNE make appearances?

55 posts in this topic

You know everybody should calm down and leave Mr. Byrne alone. If people post pictures of him missing teeth and make comments about his lack of interest in appearing at conventions he might decide to not even do the star trek convention. If he signs star trek books or other books it should not matter. people should just be happy he is making a public appearance.

And as far as a price he does not. I tried to buy a commission and asked if I could add some extra money for him to sign and send back 5 personal books and was denied.

Your email gets hacked more than anyone I know.

And as far as a price he does not. I tried to buy a commission and asked if I could add some extra money for him to sign and send back 5 personal books and was denied.

try throwing a mill per sig and see what he says. Just because a person doesn't set a price doesn't mean they don't have one. Also doesn't mean they do either, just saying, your evidence is far from conclusive.

You know everybody should calm down and leave Mr. Byrne alone. If people post pictures of him missing teeth and make comments about his lack of interest in appearing at conventions he might decide to not even do the star trek convention. If he signs star trek books or other books it should not matter. people should just be happy he is making a public appearance.

sz2fj.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Wow now I remember why I don't post as much as I used to and I don't understand the comment on my email getting hacked.

As for the Meme of leave Mr. Byrne alone. I am just saying there is no need to further the man off and make him decide to not make a public appearance for another 11 years

Facilitating that show for purpose of getting multiple books signed by john byrne is a poor idea. Mr. Byrne has expressly stated that he will only be signing star trek books and only one copy of each issue. He would most likely turn anyone away with multiples of the same issue or marvel dc superhero comics.

+ 1

All this makes me glad that I got my grail! :cloud9:

Byrne%20John%20XM%20137%20001_zps9y6mhufn.jpg

Wow now I remember why I don't post as much as I used to and I don't understand the comment on my email getting hacked.

As for the Meme of leave Mr. Byrne alone. I am just saying there is no need to further the man off and make him decide to not make a public appearance for another 11 years

John Byrne puts his pants on the same way everyone else does, presumably. He was a talented comic artist for a good 25 years. When I was 8, he was my favorite.

If the ramblings of a bunch of faceless people talking about trying to get him to sign copies of comics he drew, causes him to withdraw from the public even more, and become even more surly than he already is, then that would be dumb.

I don't get the bowing and scraping. People are just talking about awesome it would be if he would sign some of the comics he drew, or wrote, or both.

John Byrne puts his pants on the same way everyone else does, presumably. He was a talented comic artist for a good 25 years. When I was 8, he was my favorite.

If the ramblings of a bunch of faceless people talking about trying to get him to sign copies of comics he drew, causes him to withdraw from the public even more, and become even more surly than he already is, then that would be dumb.

I don't get the bowing and scraping. People are just talking about awesome it would be if he would sign some of the comics he drew, or wrote, or both.

I have to respectfully disagree here. I do not believe that it would be dumb for Byrne to consider the ramblings of a bunch of faceless people in this thread. It would in fact be reasonable for him to assume that these same faceless people would be standing in front of him -- with faces and books -- at the next con at which he agrees to sign. And this thread illustrates that some of these faceless people are not just talking about how awesome it would be for him to sign some books. Posting those pics, clearly designed to embarrass and/or ridicule him, speak to another motive, in my opinion. I don't see anything productive coming out of this.

I have to respectfully disagree here. I do not believe that it would be dumb for Byrne to consider the ramblings of a bunch of faceless people in this thread. It would in fact be reasonable for him to assume that these same faceless people would be standing in front of him -- with faces and books -- at the next con at which he agrees to sign. And this thread illustrates that some of these faceless people are not just talking about how awesome it would be for him to sign some books. Posting those pics, clearly designed to embarrass and/or ridicule him, speak to another motive, in my opinion. I don't see anything productive coming out of this.

So one guy deciding to be a tool, and posting pictures that are already obviously in the public domain, would be exactly, what, as far as this discussion goes? Surely no one who has been in a mass media like comics has the reasonable expectation that everyone is going to say nice things about them in perpetuity?

Also, do you see what you did there, in the bolded part? What I said was that it would be dumb if the consideration of faceless ramblings caused him to withdraw from the public even more. Yet somehow, you imply that I said it would be dumb for him to consider the ramblings. A modicum of intellectual honesty in these situations would go a long way.

So one guy deciding to be a tool, and posting pictures that are already obviously in the public domain, would be exactly, what, as far as this discussion goes? Surely no one who has been in a mass media like comics has the reasonable expectation that everyone is going to say nice things about them in perpetuity?

Also, do you see what you did there, in the bolded part? What I said was that it would be dumb if the consideration of faceless ramblings caused him to withdraw from the public even more. Yet somehow, you imply that I said it would be dumb for him to consider the ramblings. A modicum of intellectual honesty in these situations would go a long way.

Well then, please allow me to modify my post to achieve a modicum of intellectual honesty. I do not believe that it would be dumb for Byrne to consider the ramblings of a bunch of faceless people in this thread and therefore withdraw from the public more, or become more surly than he already is. Mean-spirited postings might perhaps reinforce his current view of comics fans and therefore make it less likely that he'll change his current signing policies. For those of us hoping to get some Byrne books signed some day -- a group that I'm sure includes you and me -- those postings are counterproductive. Again, in my opinion.

I failed to see in your original post where you implied that it would be "not dumb" for him to consider the faceless ramblings. Sorry about that, if that was one of your intended points.