• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you want to work for CGC? They're Hiring!

53 posts in this topic

how many sick days do I get?

Zero, but CGC provides at work treatment for all your medical needs. Any employee in need of medical care is immediately put to work encapsulating Doctor Strange, Doctor Who or Dr Fate comics. This allows you to be cured as the bacteria and viruses are pulled into the sealed case and locked away forever.

hm

Rate of pay? Relocation expenses? On site day care, we just had an addition to the family? Do they offer reimbursement for the inevitable infestation of FL's giant roaches?

Dunno about the rate of pay, I think it would be fair, contingent on what you bring to the table.

On-site day care is more than likely a no.

Relocation expenses is considerably more than likely a no.

If I were to apply for a non-management position to any company in any given industry, I would not expect either.Especially not relocation expenses.

Do they offer discounts for slabbing for employees Do you think as an employee I might get my graded books back sooner????

No, on all counts.

CGC employees are not allowed to submit raw books to CGC for grading as it would be a clear cut conflict of interest.

hm

Rate of pay? Relocation expenses? On site day care, we just had an addition to the family? Do they offer reimbursement for the inevitable infestation of FL's giant roaches?

On site daycare? Toddlers...within a few steps from our fragile comics??? :flamed:

WANT TO WORK IN THE COMIC INDUSTRY?

CGC is seeking dynamic, energetic and detail oriented individuals to join our growing team. Individuals with a passion for collecting and knowledge of vintage or modern comics are encouraged to apply.

Thought if you worked there you couldnt collect/sell books. Conflict of interest or some such

You can still buy comics, raw or slabbed. It's also been pointed out that some not-full-time-employee employees, like Mark Haspel, are actively buying, subbing and selling CGC graded books.

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=3974

CGC is seeking dynamic, energetic and detail oriented individuals to join our growing team. Individuals with a passion for collecting and knowledge of vintage or modern comics are encouraged to apply.

Thought if you worked there you couldnt collect/sell books. Conflict of interest or some such

You can still buy comics, raw or slabbed. It's also been pointed out that some not-full-time-employee employees, like Mark Haspel, are actively buying, subbing and selling CGC graded books.

Well this is gonna get interesting. Looking forward to a hundred extra pages when I get to work tomorrow.

Jim

Well this is gonna get interesting. Looking forward to a hundred extra pages when I get to work tomorrow.

Jim

"As a part-time CGC consultant, Mark is strictly prohibited from grading any comics he submits."

lol I would hope so. And the person that does grade it should have no idea where it came from.

CGC employees are not allowed to submit raw books to CGC for grading as it would be a clear cut conflict of interest.

lol

Wrong. They just can't grade their own books.

That's not true - regular, fulltime CGC employees aren't allowed to submit books for grading. Haspel is a consultant - the rules are different for him (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

lol

That's not true - regular, fulltime CGC employees aren't allowed to submit books for grading. Haspel is a consultant - the rules are different for him (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

Why bother with the facts Michael? I mean, let's just make s--t up. It's more fun.

lol

Do you have a reference for that?

lol Yeah, it's in the CGC link you provided above. Different rules for consultants