• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL STAR #8 at Auction

33 posts in this topic

After seeing this first hand makes you realize how many GA comics might still be

out there waiting to be discovered.

mm

Did you consider bidding on this?

David.

I would have loved to...but no.

mm

whoever won it looks like they will have a ton of upside at that number.

I don't know. 30K would get you a 4.5/5.0, wouldn't it? I don't see this copy grading higher than that. hm

30k gets you a 3.0

Last 5.5 went for 49?

Rick, how would you grade the copy in question? With that defect on the right edge of the front cover, and the multiple tears(?) on the top of the back cover, the rusty staple, I don't see it getting a 5.5.

solid vg

somebody made at least 15K on a 30 k investment..not bad

Maybe, maybe not… I don't know that you can be sure there's no color touch… probably a reasonable safe investment at $25K, but could come back 4.0 SP for all we know, which is probably a $25K book… or it could come back a blue 5.0… I hope we get to find out...

whoever won it looks like they will have a ton of upside at that number.

I don't know. 30K would get you a 4.5/5.0, wouldn't it? I don't see this copy grading higher than that. hm

30k gets you a 3.0

Last 5.5 went for 49?

Rick, how would you grade the copy in question? With that defect on the right edge of the front cover, and the multiple tears(?) on the top of the back cover, the rusty staple, I don't see it getting a 5.5.

solid vg

So a 40K copy sold for 30K in a below the radar auction with no legit resto check that we know of. Someone's taking a big gamble that might result in a 10K profit, or might not.

I'm sure the book could be inspected in person, and my guess is an "on site" bidder won, ow, yes, big risk

It was inspected on site and yes it was an "on site" bidder who won.

mm

I'm sure the book could be inspected in person, and my guess is an "on site" bidder won, ow, yes, big risk

mm

makes sense

mm

Marty,

Where was the auction held? Thanks.

mm

Marty,

Swinging Bridge Auction, Huntington, MA

mm

mm

Marty,

Swinging Bridge Auction, Huntington, MA

mm

That's a new one on me. Thanks for the info..