• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible eBay seller issue, what should I do?

15 posts in this topic

I guess most of us here have one of these stories. I am not going to show pictures or give names because we are still trying to work this out. I bought a book on best offer based off the picture. The issue just had one shot of the cover, but looked to be in great shape. Seemed about a 9.6 (maybe better), all the corners were good, possible one small spine nick. I contacted the seller to make sure that the book shown would be the book received. He said 100%. I offered him a price, and it was excepted.

The seller took a long time to get me the book compared to other issues I have ordered recently, but it arrived well packed, and the box seemed undamaged. I opened it up and the book has definite defects that were not in the photo. Two noticeable spine creases, and a lightly blunted corner with small indent almost scratch extending from that corner about 3/4 inches. It is not a bad book, likely a 9.2, maybe even a 9.4, but the book pictured was nearly flawless. I contact the seller and he seemed amenable to a return, and was surprised that the book was not as described. He still was 100% sure it was the book pictured. I had not responded yet, but took a second look at the book, and noticed the staples were not in the same place as the book pictured. Clearly not the same book. I sent him the photos of the staples, and have not heard back.

I am leaning towards just returning the book, but if he refunded me like 40%, I would likely keep it to maybe flip later (like I said a still desirable book), and get a second higher grade book of the same issue.

Thoughts?

I guess most of us here have one of these stories. I am not going to show pictures or give names because we are still trying to work this out. I bought a book on best offer based off the picture. The issue just had one shot of the cover, but looked to be in great shape. Seemed about a 9.6 (maybe better), all the corners were good, possible one small spine nick. I contacted the seller to make sure that the book shown would be the book received. He said 100%. I offered him a price, and it was excepted.

The seller took a long time to get me the book compared to other issues I have ordered recently, but it arrived well packed, and the box seemed undamaged. I opened it up and the book has definite defects that were not in the photo. Two noticeable spine creases, and a lightly blunted corner with small indent almost scratch extending from that corner about 3/4 inches. It is not a bad book, likely a 9.2, maybe even a 9.4, but the book pictured was nearly flawless. I contact the seller and he seemed amenable to a return, and was surprised that the book was not as described. He still was 100% sure it was the book pictured. I had not responded yet, but took a second look at the book, and noticed the staples were not in the same place as the book pictured. Clearly not the same book. I sent him the photos of the staples, and have not heard back.

I am leaning towards just returning the book, but if he refunded me like 40%, I would likely keep it to maybe flip later (like I said a still desirable book), and get a second higher grade book of the same issue.

Thoughts?

So you are still trying to "work it out" by asking for a 40% refund when a different book you bought based on a single picture is "not 9.6 (maybe better) and is actually likely a 9.2, maybe even a 9.4".

Slow shipping isn't relevant to the issue.

If you want to keep the different book at the best offer price paid, keep it, if you don't return it.

Thoughts?

My thoughts on this are:

You bought something on eBay from an eBay seller with your eBay account.

You are describing an eBay SNAD policy issue.

Yet, you started a thread in the CGC forum asking questions about your eBay issues. It's not even a slabbed book.

Why don't you contact the eBay Comics Forum with your questions?

Thoughts?

Don't know who is scamming who here...

Thoughts?

My thoughts on this are:

You bought something on eBay from an eBay seller with your eBay account.

You are describing an eBay SNAD policy issue.

Yet, you started a thread in the CGC forum asking questions about your eBay issues. It's not even a slabbed book.

Why don't you contact the eBay Comics Forum with your questions?

Do they have a birthday sub forum?

Thoughts?

This. You bought a raw book off of eBay. You expected a 9.6 book, which is pretty aggressive. You got what you think is a 9.2, maybe 9.4. There is always a risk buying a raw book. Sometimes it works for the better, sometimes not. Take the refund if you aren't happy with the book and thank your lucky stars the seller agreed to it.

Thoughts?

This. You bought a raw book off of eBay. You expected a 9.6 book, which is pretty aggressive. You got what you think is a 9.2, maybe 9.4. There is always a risk buying a raw book. Sometimes it works for the better, sometimes not. Take the refund if you aren't happy with the book and thank your lucky stars the seller agreed to it.

Off eBay I expect one grade below what I see, and hope to be surprised. I would not have said anything but it became obvious that the book received and the one pictured was not the same. If I missed something scanning photos of the actual book, my bad.

I do not expect that discount, that would be basically robbing the book, so yeah that statement was too aggressive, sorry. Just disappointed, I am a little kid opening up mail when books come, so it was a big letdown. I will be returning it.