• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,449 posts in this topic

when I was trying to find one last year it was ending at $20-$35, and I Was always being outbid, but I had never seen one sell for THAT much until recently.
I've read that the print run was only 10,000 or so. Who knew?

most of the Gladstone square bounds were 12k or less, for some reason that one is just so much harder. (shrug) I always thought the upside on those had a lot of potential because of miniscule print runs & large foreign market, but so far that is the only issue that has really broken out.

Dear Clients:

This is a heads up that I will mount the 2nd Carl Barks Estate Auction today Friday the 28th, for a ten day auction on e-BAY.

This auction has nearly 200 lots (twice the previous number) and has a deeper selection of content than previously mounted material. Included are letters, file copy C.G.C. comics that are pre-graded, rare manuscripts, the 1930’s Disney Animated cartoon drawings of Carl, ARTIST PROOF Another Rainbow prints, original drawings and preliminary paintings, Western REMITTANCE sheets from 1947, 1949, and 1950 that show what Carl was paid for his work – and a host of other new areas of collectible material from Carl’s life.

You may call for any questions, and you can find this auction by simply entering the words CARL BARKS, or searching for jerry weist seller – and then click on the “view sellers other lots” to view the entire auction.

Good luck on your bidding.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing contact me and I shall remove your name at once.

Kindest Regards

Jerry Weist

P.S. My regular comics auction is also moving along and will mount in the first week of November- Art+ C.G.C. comics + golden age bound sets, etc.

Can't judge from the scan. You thought it would be lower/higher? I was actually wondering how the one before it was a 9.4 given the bumps on the spine. I'm becoming more and more convinced of the sliding age grading scale.

Can't judge from the scan. You thought it would be lower/higher? I was actually wondering how the one before it was a 9.4 given the bumps on the spine. I'm becoming more and more convinced of the sliding age grading scale.

The 9.4 is actually in absolutely perfect condition except for the one little bump (which actually looks worse in the scan than in person). The one that graded an 8.5 looks about the same, so I think it should have graded much higher. (shrug)