• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,442 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get a friend to sell me the CGC 9.4 copy of WDCS 96 but no luck so far. I'd love to have it with my original cover artwork. Those Kelly covers are wonderful, too.

Here's the Danish version of one of the books:

aa5012_8.jpg

That's a good question but I am pretty sure I do. There are 3 Barks covers from the 1950s known to exist: a rejected version of WDCS 133, the published version of FC 367 (owned by Steve Geppi who had it colored in 1995), and the drawing below. The only surviving cover from the 1940s is the rejected version of WDCS 96 which I bought from Bruce Hamilton's estate last year.

There are small differences compared to the published cover but this is consistent with edits to other art that were done after it was photographed.

wdcs214_orig.jpg

That's a good question but I am pretty sure I do. There are 3 Barks covers from the 1950s known to exist: a rejected version of WDCS 133, the published version of FC 367 (owned by Steve Geppi who had it colored in 1995), and the drawing below. The only surviving cover from the 1940s is the rejected version of WDCS 96 which I bought from Bruce Hamilton's estate last year.

There are small differences compared to the published cover but this is consistent with edits to other art that were done after it was photographed.

wdcs214_orig.jpg

Well, why didn't you say so? :baiting:

(worship)

Not that I know of. But US1 would blow Bats 11 out of the water in my book. That's a nice early batman, but US1 would be *the* duck cover to have. I guess it would probably be the single best duck/barks item existing, period (if it did, sniff!). Surprised we have a voter at the $50k plus level which I think is too low. I think the cover would be worth a lot more than Barks' paintings.

Edited by Bronty