• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

I also picked up for $20 what was claimed to be a file copy of Peter Pan Treasure Chest back in New York. I don't know about that but it is certainly the nicest copy I have ever seen and with the squarest binding you can imagine. I should just post a picture of the edge, all 256 glorious pages!

It is actually not the greatest comic but it was an early 50's 50 cent giant,not the kind of book you see every day and this Disney fan couldn't resist dropping that $20. which was probably something like 6-7 hours of work to me then.

I also picked up for $20 what was claimed to be a file copy of Peter Pan Treasure Chest back in New York. I don't know about that but it is certainly the nicest copy I have ever seen and with the squarest binding you can imagine. I should just post a picture of the edge, all 256 glorious pages!

It is actually not the greatest comic but it was an early 50's 50 cent giant,not the kind of book you see every day and this Disney fan couldn't resist dropping that $20. which was probably something like 6-7 hours of work to me then.

I have seen a few copies of the Peter Pan Treasure Chest but they were usually beat up. That is a great buy if in 6.0-8.0.

bb

I have seen a few copies of the Peter Pan Treasure Chest but they were usually beat up. That is a great buy if in 6.0-8.0.

bb

Yes, they are rarely found in high grade. I will shoot some pictures and post, the beauty is in the square binding!

th_UncleWaltsCollectory.jpg

I picked this up on the Comic Link auction.

Nice litho. I'm partial to the Spanish Main one.

As history, there are 2 9.0s on the census, 1 of which was mine when I sold it last year on CLink. Since then I've regretted it not b/c of the price but b/c I might not see another copy that nice for a long time. I picked this up raw and submitted it in Orlando and it came back from CGC today:

FourColor348fc94CrOW-1.jpg

Top census. ^^

:applause: I'm guessing that is the one I sold you. doh!
I need to go back and check my records b/c I bought 2 or 3 right around the same time. I'm just not as meticulous as some folks about who I bought from. PM me and remind me when we did that deal.

EDIT: Looking back at a scan, I'm pretty sure this is one I got from an auction. Several color spots that distinguish it.

Edited by Transplant

I dont think Shiverbones is allowed to post in this thread anymore, have you seen his ebay listing. No more ducks for him :cry:

I hope you auctions do well, some nice books. If they are cheap I might pick up one or two I am eyeing, but owe to much money for other books to spend much. My FC #178 went on my line of credit doh! and it was only a VG. Well I bought it off of Ebay so I am hoping its VG with no CT or anything.

Bruce

Hey, we're all just renting these books right. Matt, I've got some of your auctions bookmarked.

Bill, I can't decide if this story is my favorite but it's really high up.

I dont think Shiverbones is allowed to post in this thread anymore, have you seen his ebay listing. No more ducks for him :cry:

I hope you auctions do well, some nice books. If they are cheap I might pick up one or two I am eyeing, but owe to much money for other books to spend much. My FC #178 went on my line of credit doh! and it was only a VG. Well I bought it off of Ebay so I am hoping its VG with no CT or anything.

Bruce

:sorry: It blows to have to do it, but buying the house I am living in is more important. I have had the ducks before, after a spell of gladstones, I'll have them again! I just put most of the early ones up, I still have 200 ducks that I didn't list ;)

:sorry: It blows to have to do it, but buying the house I am living in is more important. I have had the ducks before, after a spell of gladstones, I'll have them again! I just put most of the early ones up, I still have 200 ducks that I didn't list ;)

Definitely a lot more important things than comics. One related thought is that I've found the European "Collected Works" edition to be a perfect complement to my high grade collection. All the Barks stories are beautifully presented and I've enjoyed them far more than the previous libraries from Another Rainbow and Gladstone. I wasn't excited about the b/w reprints and the quality of the new books is just so far superior to the softcover albums. As far as I know, the limited edition sets sold out very quickly across Europe and the success abroad makes it seem more likely that there will be a US edition. If I were looking to invest in a second-hand AR or Gladstone edition right now, I would wait a bit.

I think the 1st wave of gladstones still look nice, but Gladstone2 & gemstone are way too pixelated for any self respecting publisher to be putting out. With technology the way it is, there is really no excuse for a jagged, pixelated line.

There does seem to be a market & a call for "Archive" style Ducks, and if a reasonably priced & nice alternative comes out, I am there. I still have all the WDC&S from 51-300 that I had & some of the FCs, so I will have plenty to read I haven't gotten to yet.

Bruce

Gee thanks for offering them to your ole bud first....

:sorry: