• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

I thought the Duck lovers might appreciate these. The original owner had Carl Barks sign each of them on the interior cover margin. He is giving up his Duck collection a bit at a time. It is also interesting to note that in the latest heritage Auction a MOC #41 in 9.2 is listed as the Highest Graded while here is one in 9.4! Enjoy! Brian Peets, A-1 Comics, Sacramento.

March-of-Comics001.jpg

Beak abuse!

Very nice set!

Jack

Just got this in today and had to show it off.

scan0010.jpg

Fantastic chemistry cover! High on my want list but too pricey. Fortunately I found scans.

Jack

Great pick up. Just got one myself recently. :grin: (thumbs u

Congratulations!! :applause:

Great looking book, and I know it will cost an arm and a leg to get it here. Gotta ask you though AJD - are you going to crack and read it? :o

Gotta tell you DMC, I haven't decided yet. I've cracked every other slab I've ever bought, but this one might take some extra will power...

Just bought this on Heritage. Woohoo - my first ever buy on there. :banana:

I feel almost grown up. Now I just have to work out how to get it shipped here... ???

WDCS22-1.jpg

:applause: I was watching that one. Very glad you snagged it, Andrew! What a beauty!

Just bought this on Heritage. Woohoo - my first ever buy on there. :banana:

I feel almost grown up. Now I just have to work out how to get it shipped here... ???

:applause: I was watching that one. Very glad you snagged it, Andrew! What a beauty!

Thanks Jon - I'm very pleased. It's my earliest WDC&S (by 36 issues) and a pre-Barks one to boot with a patriotic cover. Very cool.

Just got these in today. Few steps closer to being done. :grin: (thumbs u

:o Awesome books. How many more do you need?

Working on the 1-263 set. Graded we need 137 more, Mostly ones below 100. We've got a bunch of raw stuff too that probably fills in more of the gaps, just havn't had a chance to inventory it yet. So I'd guess about 100 more. hm

:grin: (thumbs u

Google is your friend.

Would seem to be ones of a series, this one (29) printed in 1978 by the German Comic Buch Club .

This issue is here .

What is it worth? No idea, but the print run was either 300 or 500, as indicated by the linked inducks.org site.

Maybe check completed eBay listings?

Oh, and Welcome to the Boards (thumbs u

Can anybody give me any info on this item? I have a set of 8 or so different that are in a run... that I purchased several years ago.

Welcome aboard! :hi:

Duff Man has answered your question, but if you stick around here you will learn a lot from some great people.

Many thanks to the Welcome Wagon for the wttb... I have been reading some of the threads for some time, off and on.

Also, thanks to Duffman for the info on the German Book Club info.(Why didn't I think to google it? doh!) (thumbs u( It reads, to me, as the earlier issues were limited to 300 copies, not sure where the break-point was, and the later issues were 500?

Also, my wife tells me to say Hi to Porcupine! :hi: