• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

The "white Ants" are a group of comics and toys that were discovered in a sealed-off room of a basement in Oakland CA about 10 years ago. There were two boxes of comics... one stacked upon the other, with a YIELD sign between the two. It seems that termites had eaten all of the books in the box that had contact with the floor, but the top box was saved. Most of the comics in the top box were pretty nice. This was one of those comics. They were dubbed "white Ants" by the new owners. I would not call them a true pedigree, but a collection that deserved some type of recognition.

This is one of the "White Ants" collection...

84634.jpg

From drskull9 on ebay? I remember him describing that bizarre find. skypinkblu probably does too. I bought constantly from him back in the day, at least on the rare occasions when Sharon didn't outbid me.

Jack

PS: Was there more than one "White Ants" collection or are we talking about the same one? Your description says CA. Maybe more than one seller had them -- drskull9 sells out of PA, I believe.

Edited by selegue

84634.jpg

From drskull9 on ebay? I remember him describing that bizarre find. skypinkblu probably does too. I bought constantly from him back in the day, at least on the rare occasions when Sharon didn't outbid me.

Jack

PS: Was there more than one "White Ants" collection or are we talking about the same one? Your description says CA. Maybe more than one seller had them -- drskull9 sells out of PA, I believe.

The collection didn't belong to Doc..they were Lu's from CA. It's the same one..Small world..if you know them you probably know me and the missus..

84634.jpg

Jack

The collection didn't belong to Doc..they were Lu's from CA. It's the same one..Small world..if you know them you probably know me and the missus..

(((RANDY!!!))))

The Coordinator sounds so impressive did you get a costume or at least a cape ? Sounds like a super-hero title "She's organized, impressive, she's The Coordinator" :hi:

You know she made me say that right?

Edited by knot's*dew

The "white Ants" are a group of comics and toys that were discovered in a sealed-off room of a basement in Oakland CA about 10 years ago. There were two boxes of comics... one stacked upon the other, with a YIELD sign between the two. It seems that termites had eaten all of the books in the box that had contact with the floor, but the top box was saved. Most of the comics in the top box were pretty nice. This was one of those comics. They were dubbed "white Ants" by the new owners. I would not call them a true pedigree, but a collection that deserved some type of recognition.

Got it. Thanks for the response/info.

I actually didn't realise the little buggers liked paper - thought paper's earlier incarnation as wood was their preferred tucker.

Live and learn.

The Coordinator sounds so impressive did you get a costume or at least a cape ? Sounds like a super-hero title "She's organized, impressive, she's The Coordinator" :hi:

You know she made me say that right?

Well, I won't bap, Cheri...but welcome to the boards, even if "she" made you join:)

Thanks guys!

Sweet assortment of WDCS books! I especially like issues 32, 44, & the Christmas themed covers you have. (thumbs u

You have good taste! I really like those too. (Actually, Shiverbones has good taste...3 of those 4 issues came from him!)