• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

Nice books Andrew, hope my dad doesn't decide to expand his interests into foreign copies too. lol

Nice books to you also BB-Gun, still looking for a nice copy of the 31. :frustrated:

Watching the Heritage Auction tonight my dad picked up three: WDC&S 33 (8.0), 41, & 93. :banana: Post 'em when we get 'em.

Unpacked some books tonight as well, the FC 9 is from Heritage and the WDC&S are from a fellow board member. :cloud9:

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

p.s. I was a little disappointed w/ the FC 9 but my dad had already raised the bid and I called him too late to stop him. doh! But now that it's in hand I'll love it anyway. :foryou: Till I can talk him into an upgrade. :devil:

89635.jpg.0382c3baaa6433646149e39cea529ff0.jpg

89636.jpg.18c75e657d514dd7e3cbc5f9b576e5d8.jpg

89637.jpg.3e5e998ae99c07529094e39435c0254e.jpg

89638.jpg.dd019229eb90a9c7762b6940e73c2d39.jpg

Nice books Andrew, hope my dad doesn't decide to expand his interests into foreign copies too. lol

YOU hope he doesn't expand his interest into foreign copies!! :o

Just read your post with my Dad, he's curious what's the market is for Australian copies? hm Maybe we should expand our focus. :devil::baiting:

:jokealert:

Don't worry Andrew I'm hold'n him back. :slapfight:

Andrew

Nice books to you also BB-Gun, still looking for a nice copy of the 31. :frustrated:

Watching the Heritage Auction tonight my dad picked up three: WDC&S 33 (8.0), 41, & 93. :banana: Post 'em when we get 'em.

Unpacked some books tonight as well, the FC 9 is from Heritage and the WDC&S are from a fellow board member. :cloud9:

Andrew

p.s. I was a little disappointed w/ the FC 9 but my dad had already raised the bid and I called him too late to stop him. doh! But now that it's in hand I'll love it anyway. :foryou: Till I can talk him into an upgrade. :devil:

Great Books Andrew !

I purchased this Original oil painting by the great Carl Barks today titled : Goleta Hillside #3

So... technically no Ducks are visible, although I suppose they could be inside the cottage. :whistle:

But again it is an original by the greatest Duck artist of all time so I hope you guys dont mind me posting it here. :)

JB01397_1L.jpg

Picked up a couple of new ducks. These are in pretty bad condition but the covers seem OK.

I fixed the corners with photoshop.

4139701754_f6cd9a656c_b.jpg

I always wanted this one which is sort of a baby's first Christmas gift to myself.

These are missing most of the interiors.

4139687336_d63b6e0ae2_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

First Donald Duck is a new purchase. Just back from CGC.

Second Donald Duck is a regrade. Had to bust it out to look at differences on page 7.

It went up in page quality during regrading.

And finally Pinocchio, the year before Donald Duck and definitely much scarcer.

4151807425_ca60637e62_o.jpg

4152568026_61b6e12ab7_o.jpg

4151807405_cd15f0f42a_o.jpg

A couple from the early 70s.

This one is from the Australian WDC&S run. Most of them reprinted Dell/Gold Key covers, but a few were original to the Australian series and may have been produced here. I think this is one of them. The Inducks doesn't give any other reference for this cover - which I think is a nice gag well executed.

No299.jpg

This one is from the G series, which was like the Four Color series, but only had the Disney titles. (And unlike the US, Uncle Scrooge never broke out into his own series.) The 'Best of DD' issues collected three Barks ten pagers. The total number of pages (including covers) for most Australian Disneys was 32 (which was a problem for the 32 page stories, but I'll come back to that another time). The cover of this one may also have been redrawn locally. It is based on the cover of Dell WDC&S 195 but it is different in many details, especially Donald's pose.

G531.jpg

BTW, I was in Singapore and Brunei last year and went to a couple of second-hand book stores. I asked about these old comics. The owners remembered them, but hadn't seen any in years. I suspect the tropics weren't kind to them.