• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

"The show’s cultural significance cannot be understated. You do not tape or DVR Kalle Anka for later viewing. You do not eat or prepare dinner while watching Kalle Anka. Age does not matter—every member of the family is expected to sit quietly together and watch a program that generations of Swedes have been watching for 50 years."

http://www.slate.com/id/2239252/

It's all riding on Busted Flush's mailbox. We got to cut him some slack though as he is also buying a house now!!

Way to go Busted Flush!

The house is bought. We've moved in and are down for whatevah.

Bring on the Ducks! It's all up to the Mister Mailman now.

More to come as... (shrug)

LIttle did Busted Flush and I know that while we were creating a cascade of ducks on my steps this past New Years weekend.

That's quite a cascade! :applause:

Thanks, about half of my cascade came from an original owner collection back in '78. I saw a classified and went to a guys house and wiped him out of his duck four colors. Too bad I didn't pick up the super heroes but I was focused on ducks back then. I still have a bunch of doubles resulting from that purchase, all lower grade. Should I post them for sale here on the boards??

The Frozen Gold has come home to roost, here is the scan of it flat. I don't know how long it will last in it's case. I suspect it won't make the month!

Busted Flush will be posting pictures later of an impromtu Frozen Gold party and telling tall tales of how two Frozen Golds criss-crossed the mail and then the Los Angeles freeway system to arrive in one place at one time!

Now it's on to Mummy's Ring and Pirate's Gold!

92129.jpg.f55c64bcb8404ecf524cad96eaed1340.jpg

I've got a fever...

and the only prescription is...

MORE FROZEN GOLD!

More news to come as they transpire.

It all started with this idea that maybe I could win a 6.0 blue label Frozen Gold in the Nov. Heritage auction for a good price. I succeeded and then decided to let the Barks-crazed 40yrs buy it from me for price. That's when the pang of regret bubbled forth, and I immediately dived into the Show Your Ducks posts one page at a time for a possible replacement to ease my growing sorrow. It was about sixteen years ago 40yrs told me about this particular book and got me hooked. The cover is probably the best comic cover ever made, color and design wise. And its hard to find the book in any kind of collectable condition.

In the posts I found a 7.0 SP PLOD owned by a slightly disappointed Transplant who hoped it wasn't manipulated but found that it was. I PMed him and he offered the book at roughly the same price as the Heritage 6.0. I'll sell the 6.0 to 40yrs, take the money and buy the 7.0. Seemed easy at the time, but dark forces beyond a comic book collector's control were abrewing.

The sea of fate was angry, my friends. Part two to follow.

Edited by BustedFlush

We moved. Address changed, craziness with boxes and packing and no phone for a week. All that in of itself was wild. And no books. Christmas passed, then New Years passed, nothing.

The Heritage win spent 10 days in a sorting facility in Maryland. It finally arrived, and then the 7.0 came, delivered to my father's place for assured delivery.

Yesterday I traveled 120 miles all total to bring these books together. This will be the only time these two will be together slabbed.

Two grails side by side.

4262629621_6f42ffdbc6_b.jpg

Edited by BustedFlush

LIttle did Busted Flush and I know that while we were creating a cascade of ducks on my steps this past New Years weekend.

Nice Cascade....I know where my next group photo will be shot. :applause: