• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

All that talk about John Wayne made me watch this again tonight -

Fort Apache? First of the Cavalry Trilogy. Yellow Ribbon was in color. Is the other one Rio Grande or some other river?

bb

I would like to see Red River again and Stagecoach. Tom Tyler (capt. marvel) plays the villian in that second movie.

Tough decision this weekend. I don't know whether I want to go see Treasure of the Sierra Madre or Cop Out. Oops, off topic, that is John Duck Wayne in Fort Mallard and Treasure of the Gladstone Gander Mountains.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

Fort Apache? First of the Cavalry Trilogy. Yellow Ribbon was in color. Is the other one Rio Grande or some other river?

bb

I would like to see Red River again and Stagecoach. Tom Tyler (capt. marvel) plays the villian in that second movie.

Yes, Sir. Fort Apache at the tail end of the movie when Wayne has to pretend General Thursday was valiant instead of a nincompoop.

Have Stagecoach next on my streaming list (thumbs u

Link to Ducks? In Fort Apache, the comanche leader is Cochise (sp?) but Geronimo also appears and here's Don Rosa's depiction of Geronimo in Uncle Scrooge's Life and Time # 6 Bis -

94028.jpg.4e449f7fccaedf45626249265a1b8077.jpg

bb

Yes, Sir. Fort Apache at the tail end of the movie when Wayne has to pretend General Thursday was valiant instead of a nincompoop.

Have Stagecoach next on my streaming list (thumbs u

Link to Ducks? In Fort Apache, the comanche leader is Cochise (sp?) but Geronimo also appears and here's Don Rosa's depiction of Geronimo in Uncle Scrooge's Life and Time # 6 Bis -

Bon Jour,

Nice connection Scrooge. Are you sure you are not from MIdwestern Europe. Comic's in French isn't it.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

This one's been near the top of my list for a while now - very pleased to tick it off. The gloss on this copy has to be seen to be believed. It's a beauty. :banana:

Now to find a CP1 to go with it...

VP1_front.jpg

VP1_back.jpg

This one's been near the top of my list for a while now - very pleased to tick it off. The gloss on this copy has to be seen to be believed. It's a beauty. :banana:

VP1_front.jpg

VP1_back.jpg

:applause::applause::applause:

Now,did you source that locally?

:applause::applause::applause:

Now,did you source that locally?

Hi Duffman, that one came from Canada. Unless things are different where you are, GA ducks are very hard to find in Australia - unless of course we're talking the Aussie reprints. I got this miswrapped but otherwise nice copy last week (even though I picked this one up in New Zealand!) One of my favourite Barks covers. I must get the Dell version - a low grade copy long since sold was my first ever Dell.

WdcS_79_oz.jpg

VP1_front.jpg

VP1_back.jpg

That book and the CP1 have both been reprinted and looked pretty good but I like having the originals.

Someday I will replace my old copy of CP1 with a better one but don't think the VP1 will ever be replaced.

2087389215_b35bc8e925.jpg2473136685_5702080e7f.jpg

And another couple - I had to get one of these after being reminded by the Aussie reprint what a great Barks cover it had.

WDCS142.jpg

And what's not to like about beak abuse? Mmmm, beak abuse. :cloud9:

I think my post-Scrooge collection focus will be 'WDC&S - the first ten years'. Don't hold your breath on this one guys...

wdcs115.jpg

Due to some unfortunate health issues with my dad, we’ve not been purchasing many books as of late. :cry:

I did manage to take some group shots this weekend as I’ve been saying I’d do it for a couple months. They do include our most recent purchases from the last sig. auction. :applause:

Hope you enjoy. I’ll try and get some more done next weekend.

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

95367.jpg.b9d11d0feef976dcf88ee0bffaedfe07.jpg

95368.jpg.75a5f3c25ed2a8a48cdf01128b52c38d.jpg

95369.jpg.a697c45820b8e3810a72b7ee31f97d83.jpg

95370.jpg.3095da6c1c8cf78c660be402a0c2d716.jpg

Great books Andrew. Hope your dad feels better soon.

I've always loved Ducks books and finally picked up one a while back. That's one down and hundreds to go...

WDCS.jpg

— Rick