• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

What's with the lack of posts / updates from the Ducks collectors on the boards? (shrug)

Picked this # 7 (earliest one I was missing) last month in MN -

scrooge7.jpg

I love me some 7 cities of cibola :cloud9:

I found some old Polaroid pictures of part of my Disney Ducks collection and wanted to share them. I know the images are small, but I hope that you will still enjoy seeing them in complete groups. Note especially the #4 giveaway in the upper left corner as it is honestly rare in any condition.

Richard

DisneyDucksemail.jpg

I found some old Polaroid pictures of part of my Disney Ducks collection and wanted to share them. I know the images are small, but I hope that you will still enjoy seeing them in complete groups. Note especially the #4 giveaway in the upper left corner as it is honestly rare in any condition.

Richard

Amazing ducks! Are the stories in the giveaway the same as the regular #4?

Richard

DisneyDucksemail.jpg

Those are really nice. I like the Christmas giveaways. :cloud9:

Richard

DisneyDucksemail.jpg

Those are really nice. I like the Christmas giveaways. :cloud9:

Alright ! Thats a nice group of books. Do you still have the Life of Donald Duck book thats in the last picture, top right ? I own a copy of it, but its pretty beat. Yours looks like its in great shape.

Over the years I have downsized quite a bit but I still have my Disney books and a few other odds and ends. I started with them, and I guess I will end with them.
Let me know if you ever want to get rid of an US #6. :banana:

Over the years I have downsized quite a bit but I still have my Disney books and a few other odds and ends. I started with them, and I guess I will end with them.

Ditto... :shy:

Is that a hard one to find ?? I didn't think anything Dell put out was ever considered RARE

Is that a hard one to find ?? I didn't think anything Dell put out was ever considered RARE

It's not rare - there's a few on ebay at any given time. But it had a common production defect that means that high grade copies are very rare and even solid mid-grades are hard to come by. I have one that is presentable enough (maybe 5.5) but it is almost a cm narrower than the others and I supect a ragged edge has been brutally trimmed off.

The census tells the story; 1 in 6.5, 2 in 8.0, none higher!

When I sold the collection of my old friend, Leonard Brown, to Ciorac and all of those beautiful Disney comics were involved, the one US that he had in less than pefect condition was #6. Examining it, it was clear that the cover was cut much larger than the interior pages, which quickly led to edge wear. My copy is very nice but shows signs of some of those same problems. A person would have had to have bought one and put it away without reading it, which wasn't likely in those days.

When I sold the collection of my old friend, Leonard Brown, to Ciorac and all of those beautiful Disney comics were involved, the one US that he had in less than pefect condition was #6. Examining it, it was clear that the cover was cut much larger than the interior pages, which quickly led to edge wear. My copy is very nice but shows signs of some of those same problems. A person would have had to have bought one and put it away without reading it, which wasn't likely in those days.

Yep - that's the production defect I mentioned.

Here's a couple fun earlyish WDCSs I picked up recently. I enjoy these bright silly covers so much... Donald's expressions on both are priceless.

Barks story in #39 (though none in #37, doggone it).

99929.jpg

99930.jpg

Here's a couple fun earlyish WDCSs I picked up recently. I enjoy these bright silly covers so much... Donald's expressions on both are priceless.

Barks story in #39 (though none in #37, doggone it).

99929.jpg

99930.jpg

I like the Donald facial expressions on each but I love the #37. Very funny.

I hope this "counts" for all you duck fans. I just received this one in the mail today, was purchased from the last Heritage auction. I have been looking for this particular issue for a couple years now since I spotted one for sale on Metropolis webasite. I paid alot less for this one than what Metropolis is asking and in my opinion, this one is just as nice.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I like the "long billed" donald. Any other "long billed" Donald fans?

mmdonald.jpg

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that I like the "long billed" donald. Any other "long billed" Donald fans?

:applause:

Fantastic cover! -- love everything about it. I've been trying not to get started on collecting these magazines.

I'm a big fan. One day I'll get some of those early MMMs with a long-billed Donald.

I really enjoy the early Gottfredson MM strips with the irascible and long-beaked DD too.