• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

I purchased a complete set of all the different Carl Barks Library in Color books off the board last year and have slowly been making my way through all 141 issues. I have really been enjoying them and did not know what I had been missing by ignoring the ducks. As a result I have decided to try and pick up a few issues to add to the collection. I won these two on ComicLink today

103052.jpg.303d6718a465378b32f40570b23a0d23.jpg

103053.jpg.bea7dd946e5e0ae644d02b9469b9a494.jpg

And not an unreasonable price! Congratulations! :applause:

I got a grail today in the C-Link auction

UncleScrooge1CGC94W.jpg

I got a grail today in the C-Link auction

UncleScrooge1CGC94W.jpg

Wow!!! Great book!!! Makes my purchase seem pale in comparison.

Not at all. I was considering both of your beautiful books.

I was fortunate enough to have a sufficient grail fund in place that I could work out another sale to supplement my fund and give me enough to make a run at the NM copy.

And I appreciate the kind words from my Duck-loving brothers. This book has been on my grail list since I bought my first high-grade Ducks from Tim years ago. I got lucky on the timing - the euro is down against the dollar, the economy stinks so many buyers are on the sidelines, and I happened to have been building a grail fund over the year thinking that one of my grails might become available at an affordable price. I honestly didn't think it would be U$ 1 but I couldn't be happier.

Does anyone know about the provenance of the current C-Link Scrooge run? Please send me a pm if you do. I love knowing the history of my books.

Great pickups!! :applause:

Talk about jumping in with both feet. I mean, I am still trying to sneak up on a decent FC 386 :cry:

Sometimes you just need to jump in. I've actually been quietly bidding on nice copies of FC 386 for maybe a year and a half. It had always been one of my favorite covers. ComicLink has had a number of them come through and I've noticed Ducks do far worse there than Heritage.

Now I need to find a nice 3 and 4 and then I am likely done with Scrooge as I do not really like the solid background covers although #7 looks great. I may selectively try to get some of the Donald Four Colors if the price is right.