• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

8831245140_eeb28f5c76_c.jpg

I am not sure that you can find crocodiles in Florida but I bet they would like a duck dinner, Huey, Dewey or Louie.

The snouts seem a little wide for a crocodile...OK, never mind, it is Disney after all.

yep. the american crocodile. florida keys and the everglades mostly. strange, i know, because of all the alligators we have in that area.

Great book - I still don't have one :cry:

Bill, if you see Harley can you ask him if he'll be in Sydney 22 June for Supanova? I am pretty sure he's attending Oz Comic Con in Melbourne 6-7 July but I don't know if he's going to the (earlier) Sydney gig.

Why don't I ask him? You know what he's like with comms. Even the Supanova organisers don't know if he'll be there.

Sure, I'd be happy to.

Remind me on Friday though

I'm getting old

Thanks In Advance, William.

Let's see, Friday your time is last Saturday plus a week here,so . . .

Great book - I still don't have one :cry:

Bill, if you see Harley can you ask him if he'll be in Sydney 22 June for Supanova? I am pretty sure he's attending Oz Comic Con in Melbourne 6-7 July but I don't know if he's going to the (earlier) Sydney gig.

Why don't I ask him? You know what he's like with comms. Even the Supanova organisers don't know if he'll be there.

Sure, I'd be happy to.

Remind me on Friday though

I'm getting old

Thanks In Advance, William.

Let's see, Friday your time is last Saturday plus a week here,so . . .

lol

I'll keep that in mind when planning travel down there in July

8831245140_eeb28f5c76_c.jpg

I am not sure that you can find crocodiles in Florida but I bet they would like a duck dinner, Huey, Dewey or Louie.

The snouts seem a little wide for a crocodile...OK, never mind, it is Disney after all.

yep. the american crocodile. florida keys and the everglades mostly. strange, i know, because of all the alligators we have in that area.

I checked an on-line source and it said the ratio was 500:1. But you are right, there are some.

I checked an on-line source and it said the ratio was 500:1. But you are right, there are some.

Learn something new everyday! :o

I never knew about crocs in America; I thought it was alligators all the way down!

I just picked this up from Harley Yee at Comicpalooza in Houston. One of my few Duck Four Colors so far but it's one I've always wanted.

DD-PirateGold-FC09-05262013-small_zps20807479.jpg

Very, very nice! I still need one! :cry:

Here's my only other recent Four Color addition. I've wanted an original copy of this book since 1975. Not high grade but it's in decent shape.

DD-FC-62-s_zps53943262.jpg

I received this reprint for Christmas in 1975 along with the other three Best of Walt Disney books that were released in this series. Having the reprint always made me want an original. It's one of my favorite Duck covers.

This is the original copy I received that Christmas. The four books were sent in an envelope together. I put the 4 comics in plastic bags and have kept them stored in the original mailing envelope since 1975.

DD-BestpfFC-62-s_zps13d00c90.jpg

Too bad I didn't buy a bunch of Marvel keys like Hulk 181 during that time period and stick them in plastic.

Here's my only other recent Four Color addition. I've wanted an original copy of this book since 1975. Not high grade but it's in decent shape.

DD-FC-62-s_zps53943262.jpg

I received this reprint for Christmas in 1975 along with the other three Best of Walt Disney books that were released in this series. Having the reprint always made me want an original. It's one of my favorite Duck covers.

This the original copy I received that Christmas. The four books were sent in an envelope together. I put the 4 comics in plastic bags and have kept them stored in the original mailing envelope since 1975.

Too bad I didn't buy a bunch of Marvel keys like Hulk 181 during that time period and stick them in plastic.

It is a great one indeed Lotemo. One of my favorites. Congrats on getting a nice copy :applause:

here's mine, just because it is handy ;)

frozengold_zpsf7007e7d.jpg

Great books Lotemo and Bill. That one might well make my next 'top ten wants' list.

Bill: if you bring it to Australia, it risks getting impounded. ;)

It is a great one indeed Lotemo. One of my favorites. Congrats on getting a nice copy :applause:

here's mine, just because it is handy ;)

frozengold_zpsf7007e7d.jpg

That's a really nice looking 5.5!

This is the original copy I received that Christmas. The four books were sent in an envelope together. I put the 4 comics in plastic bags and have kept them stored in the original mailing envelope since 1975.

I had $5 Christmas money from my grandmother that I spent at Walt Disney World to get the other 3 reprint albums as I didn't have enough money for all 4. I kept the originals for a while until passing them on to future Barks' fans and buying a complete, and nicer set for myself.

How about a Frozen Gold party! I bought my copy from Busted Flush after he found himself with two of them. I picked up the un-restored 6.0 and liberated it from its case to read!

:applause:

How about a Frozen Gold party! I bought my copy from Busted Flush after he found himself with two of them. I picked up the un-restored 6.0 and liberated it from its case to read!

8788236908_052744b807_c.jpg

I'm in. I think someone found my copy being used as insulation in a wall. But I'm happy to have it.

8788236908_052744b807_c.jpg

I'm in. I think someone found my copy being used as insulation in a wall. But I'm happy to have it.

I think that Mummy's Ring might be my next target for purchase although I really want The Sheriff of Bullet Valley as well.

The nephews look great with fake eye lashes. Good call, Shirley!

FC 62 is my favorite comic book of all time. I got to hold a CGC 9.2 in my hands a while back, and I was tempted when Frank from Metropolis browsed through the white pages of a gorgeous file copy for me at SDCC a few years ago.

The nephews look great with fake eye lashes. Good call, Shirley!

FC 62 is my favorite comic book of all time. I got to hold a CGC 9.2 in my hands a while back, and I was tempted when Frank from Metropolis browsed through the white pages of a gorgeous file copy for me at SDCC a few years ago.

That Frozen Gold at Metropolis is like a siren to Barks collectors. It lures you in with its beauty and if you buy your bank account will crash on the rocky shoals!