• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,467 posts in this topic

In no particular order:

Ghost in the Grotto

Lost in the Andes

Only a Poor Old Man

King of the Golden River

Land Beneath the Ground

If I pick any random Barks' duck comic, I know I'm in for a good time. Even if the story isn't his "best," he never fails to charm and entertain.

Although I consider "Poor Old Man" to be the best story Barks ever wrote, my own favorite stories are "Frozen Gold" (long story) and "Snow Fun" (10 pager). Being a geek with an interest in both math and history, the maximum gradient of the quality of the stories is far more interesting to me than the maximum quality itself.

8788236908_052744b807_c.jpg

All of these are really special too. I read the reprints a long time ago. I am especially fond of the early WDCS issues with Barks' stories.

Finally finished the Four Color collection of Duck Stories by Barks, by the way. :banana:

All of these are really special too. I read the reprints a long time ago. I am especially fond of the early WDCS issues with Barks' stories.

Finally finished the Four Color collection of Duck Stories by Barks, by the way. :banana:

Like 'em all

I too remember fondly The Many Faces of Magica de Spell but if called to task, my most fondly-remembered Barks story is The Lemming in the Locket. Today, I'd say Back to the Klondike or Tralla La with Scrooge.

Oh man, The Lemming in the Locket, classic! It is really tough to pick the favorite Barks story. Old Castles Secret comes to mind as well.

Hey, don't hide your light under a bushel. This is a fantastic achievement!

Congratulations :applause:

As is usual at the completion of one run, the ubiquitous query "what's next"? lol

Congratulations, BB-Gun. You have a great collection.

---

Here's a Barks cover I like a lot. It's one of the few for which the original art still exists.

wdcs135_90.jpg

Congratulations, BB-Gun. You have a great collection.

---

Here's a Barks cover I like a lot. It's one of the few for which the original art still exists.

wdcs135_90.jpg

Love it! lol

The color design adds to the whimsy of that cover.

These are all so beautiful.Thank golly for Gladstone,as they have let me enjoy them

in some form.

Agreed! I used to ride my bike down a busy street in Las Cruces New Mexico just to get my newstand copies of the first ones. I still have those copies too! I've carried them from NM, to OKC, OK, to Tulsa, OK to Columbia, MD, to Santa Fe, NM.

Whew! My arms are tired!

Love the Four Color 29. :luhv:

Very Nice! Congratulations!

My favourite Barks story is the ten pager in WDC&S #126 - the one where Scrooge's money is picked up by a tornado and distributed across the country. It's just a lovely parable.

My favourite long story is probably ... actually, I don't know how to finish that sentence! So many great ones.

Hey, don't hide your light under a bushel. This is a fantastic achievement!

Congratulations :applause:

As is usual at the completion of one run, the ubiquitous query "what's next"? lol

Two issues short of completing my Spiderman run and 6 or 7 issues still needed to compete the Challengers run. I wanted to complete a run of All-Star comics but got too distracted by All-American, All-Flash, Flash, Green Lantern, Leading, More Fun and Sensation. I will never complete the Superman run but still have hope that the last few issues of Batman will turn up somewhere. I have a few shabby issues of Worlds Finest but still hope to complete the run.

Most of those are realistic goals. Try to collect a complete run of USA or Mystic. Hard to find and not cheap. I will probably focus on adding a few more superhero comics to my collection and as much SciFi as possible. Good luck to the rest of you guys too.

Edited by BB-Gun

Jeez Louise - I'm still two books shy of completing "Brother Power, the Geek" lol

Great plans, anyway BB.

As a matter of idle curiousity, is the ASM going to be complete, or do you have a "cut-off" number?

I stopped at about 450 - though I could easily have said "no" to anything after 350.

Jeez Louise - I'm still two books shy of completing "Brother Power, the Geek" lol

Great plans, anyway BB.

As a matter of idle curiousity, is the ASM going to be complete, or do you have a "cut-off" number?

I stopped at about 450 - though I could easily have said "no" to anything after 350.

I have 98 out of the first 100 issues of Spiderman. I might replace the first issue which is a reprint but I am not interested in completing 101-400. I try to collect a little bit of everything. I still need a lot of early WDCS but waiting for a bargain to come my way. I like them because of the covers but miss the stories by Barks.