• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

I've been away from the Gold forum for a long time (over 5000 unread posts :eek:). But I just caught up on the Ducks thread. Love Barks ducks. I need to re-read my reprints sometime this year.

I like these FC 147 pages.

8814390626_0bab0aed10_b.jpg

Barks original art. :o:cloud9:

I've been away from the Gold forum for a long time (over 5000 unread posts :eek:). But I just caught up on the Ducks thread. Love Barks ducks. I need to re-read my reprints sometime this year.

Hey you, come off of that cloud. Those are printer proofs. They are comic size in black and white.

Hey you, come off of that cloud. Those are printer proofs. They are comic size in black and white.

They're still Barks. :cloud9:

They're still Barks. :cloud9:

Yes they are. I have the entire story.

3222341023_6ca674e2b0_b.jpg

haha, so genius. "Come one! Come all! Free milking lesson by professor Donald Duck!"

The cow couldn't care less lol

I bought it off of the stands when it came out, thought it was fantastic, and it is still one of my favorite books!
Wow. I paid a little for than cover price for mine. ;) It's one of my favorites, too. (thumbs u

Congratulations. That book will always be a joy to open.

Just for fun, I checked cgcdata for the Disney books with most CGC submissions. Their top 2,000 list has, as far as I could find, 3 Disney books:

281. Donald Duck Adventures-Free Comic Book Day (2003), 700 submissions

1,526. Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge 219 (1987), 205 submissions

1,621. Four Color 386 (1952), 193 submissions

Just for fun, I checked cgcdata for the Disney books with most CGC submissions. Their top 2,000 list has, as far as I could find, 3 Disney books:

Seriously? Why?

Seriously? Why?

I checked the census. There are exactly 700 copies of the Gemstone/ANA variant in the census for Donald Duck Adventures (nn-2003). Therefore, I'm guessing it was a promotion of some kind by Diamond where the books were sent out slabbed. The grades even range from 8.0-9.8.

Looked at a copy on Heritage. Each one is printed with "Compliments of Gemstone Publishing ANA World's Fair of Money Baltimore 2003" where the blank is usually left for a store stamp. Clearly, it was a Geppi promotion or giveaway.