• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,467 posts in this topic

Too bad the mile high ducks were likely destroyed frown.gif

It's really interesting that that's the current story, because when I was in Colorado, I had heard they all went to one collector to help finance the deal. I wonder if there's any truth to that and the owner and Chuck have a pact of silence.

Conspiracy theory. thumbsup2.gif

Hmm... interesting..

I just got this back from CGC. I bought it raw from Metropolis as a 9.4.

Nice book, Steve, and a pretty bright and clean cover for that particular issue. The yellows I've seen in a lot of the copies of that issue, including a 9.4 copy I used to own, just always looked like they'd been smudged with dirt.

Here's a new one that I picked up on the recent ComicLink auction. I don't usually buy books with Cr/OW pages [in fact this is my only one] but I got it for half of what it would sell for with OW pages. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sorry for the scanner glare across the middle of the book, it is reflecting off a small wave on the inner well of the case.

UncleScrooge60CGC9.jpg

Nice. I almost prefer some of those gold keys/ whitmans to the originals for reading copies. The one thing I don't like about the original dells is that the color registration is often way off which is never a problem on these later books..

congrats!

Nice. I almost prefer some of those gold keys/ whitmans to the originals for reading copies. The one thing I don't like about the original dells is that the color registration is often way off which is never a problem on these later books..

congrats!

Something tells me that world's best won't be reading that copy any time soon. stooges.gif

:o didn't mean it like that but point well taken! insane.gif Just meant to say that a some people pooh pooh the whitman/GK barks reprints but they have their own charms!

How does the coloring compare to the originals? Did they re-color them or use the original guides?

I haven't paid attention to whether or not they were recolored, I just find that the sloppy registration on the originals takes away from the art a bit. I.e. the color bleeds over barks' lines, etc. much more so than on the reprints.