• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,468 posts in this topic

This is a repost from have a cigar.

Woo-Hoo! I love this book to death. I have wanted one since about 1986 when I first saw a copy of the cover. Every one I come across is either too nice & hence, expensive, or has some sort of damage that takes away from the cover image. For me this is a cover that has to be pretty blemish free to enjoy properly. This is from the Dr. John Binder collection that is being sold by Jef Hinds on ebay right now. He graded it FN, and I agree, and possibly FN+ (Small stain on BC is only wild card). For me this was an expensive book, but quite worth it, I am glad I bit the bullet. Woo-Hoo!

1st snow white in print too.

3050448953_3d73875d21_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

What the heck? Has a combination of Red and Green Kryptonite turned shiverbones into yulebones?

Great catch! Do you know who drew the classic cover?

It'd be wonderful to index this one for GCD -- only 4 indexed in the series. There's some controversy about including them because many are under 50% "sequential art".

Congrats.

Jack

This is a repost from have a cigar.

Woo-Hoo! I love this book to death. I have wanted one since about 1986 when I first saw a copy of the cover. Every one I come across is either too nice & hence, expensive, or has some sort of damage that takes away from the cover image. For me this is a cover that has to be pretty blemish free to enjoy properly. This is from the Dr. John Binder collection that is being sold by Jef Hinds on ebay right now. He graded it FN, and I agree, and possibly FN+ (Small stain on BC is only wild card). For me this was an expensive book, but quite worth it, I am glad I bit the bullet. Woo-Hoo!

1st snow white in print too.

3050448953_3d73875d21_o.jpg

Congrats, shiverbones. This is one of those iconic Mickey renderings that have appeared on countless licensed Disney products over the last 4 generations. My own copy was one of the most expensive books in my run but I too like this particular cover very much.

In my mind, it's the most iconic Mickey cover, but I am pretty biased towards christmas imagery. It's just simplicity & sophistication all rolled up in one image, and it perfectly represents a bygone era.

...and that issue has GREAT Christmas ads. santa2.gif

What a beautiful book for a 6.5.
That is what I keep telling people. I called CGC before I bid so I have a pretty good idea what's going on on the back cover. I just thought this might be my only shot for awhile to get a copy of this book that presented so nicely. If I could have 6.5s like this for all my books, I'd be a happy camper.

Bill: I haven't gotten it in hand yet so I haven't cracked it. I do plan on it and it will qualify as the biggest book I've ever cracked once I get the nerve to do it. I've purposefully not read a reprint of this story as I always wanted to read it just the way it was originally presented in 1943. I'm looking forward to it.