• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those that scan 100 comics at once...what dpi do you scan at?

35 posts in this topic

100 covers?

I've done 100 slabs in one batch, front and back... it takes about 10 seconds for each side. The real work is in the graphics editor to cut off the empty space around the slab and adjust brightness and contrast.

There are free batch softwares that will generate all the different image sizes in seconds. They're usually advertised as "thumbnail" software, but you can set the width to 1200 pixels, if you want. They'll even do brightness and contrast, but I normally take care of that when I crop the scans.

I have an HP scan jet 8250 and I have my dpi set a 260 to keep the size down.

I don't scan a 100 at a time though but would still use this setting if I did.

How does this look.

Somehow I lost my settings and like a i d i o t, I didn't save them so I tried to duplicate as best I can. The 2nd image is what I have now..Not as good as the first image but it will have to do.

cYz0D1L.jpg

Zaaj9Pz.jpg

Where can you find a larger flatbed scanner?

sorta depends... there are 11 x 17 flatbeds out there ( I use a brother all in one that can also print 11 x 17) ---- but majority of them (the affordable ones anyway) - are only good for raws (those I do 2 up) - for slabs - you need a more expensive sensor to scan the depth - there is a list/discussion of good slab scanners here -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3693572

there are some older HP that work and can be found on ebay- "new" ones with the "slab" scanning sensor (CCD)- are $$$$$$