• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Witnessed signature on top of an unwitnessed signature???

10 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this the other day:

Suppose I have a comic that is already signed by a creator (unwitnessed). I bring this already signed book back to the creator and, in front of a CGC witness, have the creator trace over their pre-existing signature in exactly the same color of ink. Can it then be submitted as a witnessed book? And how might the pre-existing signature impact the book's grade?

No, I don't have a life.

Or have them do a black ink wash over the area and have them sign in white/silver? Sort of how people are doing remarks now?!?!

Also...when doing that....does the artist have to do it? Or can Joe Schmo do it to his own book so it will be dry and the artist can sign/remark it?

It's called "tricking the system" and would not be allowed by CGC or any of its representatives. (CAW).

^^

If a witness saw this, Balent would be notified and I can pretty much guarantee you he'd refuse to take the book.

I know the money can be tempting. I know the rules can be frustrating. The integrity of the SS program is what you get when you buy the slab. If you value the program then there is no reason to circumvent the rules.