• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Avengers 1

27 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I ahve the opportunity to buy this Avengers 1 and would like grade opinions please.

Here is what the seller has to say about the book:

I just re-read Overstreet's description of VG and this book fits it perfectly. The paper is a little brighter than the VG accepted brown, and the staples are tight. The spine split is only about 1/4". It comes down from the top to just about the bottom of THOR's helmet wing. There is a 3/4" tear on the top of the back cover. It comes down from the top between Men and Women.

avengers1front.jpg

avengers1back.jpg

I'd say GD/VG. Also, that cover may have been trimmed at some time in the past. Avengers is notorious for Marvel Chipping and that right edge looks too straight when compaired to the rest of the book. Just a though.

I'd go with a VG-, you'll have to decide on the price. I checked the visible portions of the right side vs. the Gerber Guide and my own copy, and though it is no guarantee and I would have to see it in person, it doesn't appear to be trimmed.

don't expect too much

Go away, unless you have something productive to add. Oh wait, you never do have anything of value to add. SO refer back to go away.

nice one, you 893censored-thumb.gif troll

3.0 max because of the stains and tears which CGC would hammer you on. Wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Havent bought it yet. And after confirming what I already suspected, not going to. Im going to bide my time and get a nicer one that I can be really happy with. Probably not over a fine, but ya never know.

don't expect too much

Go away, unless you have something productive to add. Oh wait, you never do have anything of value to add. SO refer back to go away.

nice one, you 893censored-thumb.gif troll

You are either really dumb, or very funny. Actually, I think it is funny how dumb you are. Answer me this Nostradumbasss, how can I troll my own thread?

3.0 max because of the stains and tears which CGC would hammer you on. Wouldn't pay more than $300 for it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Havent bought it yet. And after confirming what I already suspected, not going to. Im going to bide my time and get a nicer one that I can be really happy with. Probably not over a fine, but ya never know.

If it's (one of) your gail(s), I'd hold out for a full VG since it's not a mega $$$ book.

I would even get one that's slabbed just to be safe from the trimmers and painters out there.