• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective Comics 233 - Expert Opinions Needed!

14 posts in this topic

Just thought of something I need your expert opinions on. On the pinhole, any chance this book is graded incomplete? It does affect a couple letters here and there. Probably 2-3 x throughout the book.

I know this is a tough one to grade. Opinions appreciated!!!! Thanks.

Pretty extensive staining with some small color loss, plus the chip and the pinhole makes it around a 3.0 for me, though I could see 3.5 based on the otherwise solid structure.

I had a slabbed GA book with a similar amount of H2O damage and bit more color loss from it ( in the logo), but was otherwise a mid grade book, and CGC gave it a 3.5 - which I thought a tad generous.

I am looking at a book that has a lot of evidence of water damage throughout based on the scans and description. Staining, foxing and a "white" coating of colour loss. I imagine that there is a "powdery" residue/feel throughout the book...am I correct? There is also a pinhole to consider and a small chunk out along with the common wear and tear. Despite all this - the positive aspects of the comic are sometimes forgotten. All things considered, I would give it a 3.5 to 4.0.

I am looking at a book that has a lot of evidence of water damage throughout based on the scans and description. Staining, foxing and a "white" coating of colour loss. I imagine that there is a "powdery" residue/feel throughout the book...am I correct? There is also a pinhole to consider and a small chunk out along with the common wear and tear. Despite all this - the positive aspects of the comic are sometimes forgotten. All things considered, I would give it a 3.5 to 4.0.

Maybe a little. A little "brittleness" to the pages. Not sure is this is because of H2O or just the age of the book.