• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich's Signature Series sales thread

345 posts in this topic

Vigilante #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Marv Wolfman - $125

Rich, do you happen to have a Pollard?

I have some Keith Pollard s/s but not one on Vigilante. Pollard does one show or two a year----I'll see him again in February in Michigan.

Cool. If you're coming here, let me know. I'd you're witnessing, I may get a couple number ones signed.

I heard somewhere there's a Frank Miller signing coming up.

Here's a book I've held onto for quite sometime that would appeal to many Miller fans----his first published work at Marvel. Gorgeous copy, white pages---again, a book that comes from one of my sources with uncirculated back stock. It might press higher----but you can't deny that

A) It has a gorgeous Chris Claremont signature that looks very graceful in appearance.

B) Would look killer with a Miller s/s on it.

If it doesn't sell, I'll probably hold to put Miller on it myself.

This signing with Miller coming up----I'm betting you're going to see a LOT of Dark Knight #1, Daredevil 168 and maybe even some DD 158----probably not many JC #18

JOHN CARTER WARLORD OF MARS #18 CGC 9.6 s/s Chris Claremont - $195

johncarter18B.jpg

Speaking of Miller----

Let's talk Roger McKenzie, the writer who was on DD before it went full blown Miller.

And I think Sean Harmon can back me up on this one----you don't see McKenzie much AT ALL.

He had one show last year he cancelled and one that he actually showed up at.

I'm not terribly aware of many books being done by Roger at that show other than myself because---well, because my witness was the only guy who went and took books.

There were maybe a dozen McKenzie books done for CGC s/s

This is one of them. Again, would look great with Miller AND Klaus Janson

DAREDEVIL #158 9.2 s/s Roger McKenzie - $250

White pages, might press a little higher :shrug:

dd158signed.jpg

Marvel Super Special #21 CGC 9.4 s/s Bob Larkin

Currently the only available s/s copy out there.

Conan adaptation. Could probably benefit from a slight press. - $200

SOLD

Not many of these on census in any capacity, albeit there are two signature series.

Both are (were) mine---I sold the highest graded copy (a 9.6) a while ago.

Would look GREAT with an ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER signature on it... :whistle:

mss21B.jpg

Speaking of Miller----this is probably at the moment the only Miller that I am interested in putting out there.

I do have a 7.5 s/s DD 158 w/Miller & McKenzie on it, if there's genuine interest in that book, PM only. I doubt I'll be putting it in the thread.

That being said----I checked census on this one.

There are four 9.8 s/s copies to date.

One with Claremont (which I think was actually mine), one with Claremont, Lee, McLeod & Wiacek.

And this Miller.

I don't know what's on the fourth copy.

I wasn't sure at first where to go with this one, or if I even really wanted to let it go.

Seeing what the going rate is just for the chance to get a Miller s/s, allowed me to adjust my perspective on what the value of this one might be.

Marvel Team-Up #100 CGC 9.8 s/s Frank Miller - $2000

Origin & 1st appearance of Karma from the New Mutants

Uncirculated stock, white pages.

mtu100A.jpg

THE MAXX #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Sam Kieth & William Messner Lobes

There are certainly enough s/s out there---with Sam Kieth,

What you DON'T see everyday though are books with both Kieth AND WMB.

And I think a lot of people forget that Sam and William worked on the book together and that Lobes (correct me if I am wrong) is credited as co-creator.

William Messner Lobes doesn't do many shows at all, in fact he pretty much stays directly in line with just either Motor City or the Great Lakes show in Michigan. You won't find him traveling to other conventions.

Last s/s 9.8 on this book was $245 with just Sam Kieth.

I'll keep my asking price at just $30 above that for $275

SOLD

maxx1.jpg

Those of you that follow my signature series pre-sale threads over in the s/s room know that every now and then I offer up uncirculated beauties from the 1980s.

Years ago, I picked these up from that same source, these are truly, uncirculated white page stunners that needed no work. Signed by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Checking census, these next 9.8 Moon Knight s/s books are top census, tied with two others and no public sales to date.

1st book

MOON KNIGHT #10 CGC 9.8 s/s Bill Sienkiewicz

white pages, uncirculated OO stock - $115

:takeit:

mk10.jpg

Marvel Super Special #21 CGC 9.4 s/s Bob Larkin

Currently the only available s/s copy out there.

Conan adaptation. Could probably benefit from a slight press. - $200

Not many of these on census in any capacity, albeit there are two signature series.

Both are (were) mine---I sold the highest graded copy (a 9.6) a while ago.

Would look GREAT with an ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER signature on it... :whistle:

mss21B.jpg

:takeit: per pm

Here's a few celebrity books.

Now this one---is IMHO, one of the biggest guns in my arsenal.

This without question, falls under the "Buy the BOOK, not the label" category.

Ignore the grade for a moment and look at what's on the book.

The DNA of two hot chicks.

And now I'll explain.

Big shout out to Kris Moore for figuring out how to make this work.

Back in 2009, actress Fairuza Balk did ONE (1) convention appearance.

Kris & Triston Pence can back me up on this, or if they know of one other.

She was SUPPOSED to do another show but cancelled. In fact, I think the one she cancelled was supposed to be here at our local Monster Mania show in Hunt Valley, MD.

At any rate, the perfect book to get signed, IMHO, is this book---

FANGORIA #153.

I had a couple really snazzy copies that I picked up directly from the publisher, if memory serves.

The book was signed AND KISSED by Fairuza on 10/9/09 and then subbed for grading. Structurally it was a 9.8/9.6

The original grade was a 9.6. Unfortunately, the bottom corner snagged in encapsulation and I didn't catch it till after the fact. I had to send it in for regrading and the LRC was enough that it downgraded to 8.0.

CGC added John Carpenter to it for me on 5/1/10.

Grade aside, I couldn't be happier. It's a killer book no matter how you look at it, and quite frankly, truth be told, the LRC crease isn't all that bad.

So skip ahead to this past May.

Actresses Neve Campbell & Rachel True (two more of the actresses from THE CRAFT, which is the film the cover is promoting) happen to be attending a horror show in Dallas. Kris Moore keeps me up to speed on this event, and suggests I add these two to the cover.

Going above and beyond, and being a real trooper, Rachel True leaves her own lipstick kiss imprint on the book. It's faint, but it's there and can be seen a little better in hand.

So it's "signed & kissed by Fairuza Balk on 10/09/09 & Rachel True on 5/2/15, Signed by John Carpenter on 5/1/10 and Neve Campbell on 5/2/15" (almost five years to the day!)

This was a book that I wasn't (planning) to throw out there, but someone else suggested it, so here it is.

FANGORIA #153 CGC 8.0 s/s (signed & Kissed) Fairuza Balk & Rachel True, and Signed John Carpenter & Neve Campbell. - $1200

Steep, sure---but if this had remained 9.6, the tag would be much higher.

Without question, the single most UNIQUE item in my inventory, hands down.

Can't be replaced, probably EVER----in fact, I was lucky to get it encapsulated because I was told that lipstick can and will smear upon encapsulation---yet this one DID NOT. Very fortunate in that regard.

fangoria153A.jpg

Winter Soldier Winter Kills #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Sebastian Stan - $375

I don't know if this is the ONLY Sebastian Stan s/s copy----I know that most of the others are Ed Brubaker and the like. But there's only been one recorded sale, and it's not a Stan copy.

wintersoldier1.jpg