• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich's Signature Series sales thread

345 posts in this topic

Swamp Thing Annual #1 CGC 9.6 s/s Adrienne Barbeau - $195

(actress who played Abby in the movie)---that's her on the cover.

I know I'm probably being Captain Obvious here---I only point that out because I've been asked in the past "who is that?"

Kind of like my Bob Gale signing----not to digress, but I get a lot of "who is that?" when talking about Bob Gale.

Answer: "He's the George Lucas of the BTTF trilogy." :doh:

Man, again---another book I thought would do 9.8

It's really tight, it's a relatively HTF in HG, and Barbeau doesn't do many appearances any longer (that I am aware of).

Certainly a book for the core Swamp Thing crowd.

stann1B.jpg

Not in a hurry to move this, as it's a showcase piece for me----but it comes with a story. This was signed at Emerald City Comicon back in 2010.

Nimoy was there, and my Mom just turned 80. She's a huge Trekie and I couldn't think what would be a better birthday gift to my mother than a phone call from Spock. So we got her on the phone and Leonard Nimoy sang Happy Birthday to her. They chatted for about 3 minutes and that was that.

Best. Gift. Ever.

Star Trek Special #1 CGC 9.8 white pgs, s/s cover artist Bill Sienkiewicz and yes...the Spock man, Leonard Nimoy. -$2500

startrekdc.jpg

The Crown Jewel in my celebrity s/s run

Clean, crisp Hugh Jackman s/s

X-Men Movie Prequel Wolverine #nn CGC 9.6 s/s Hugh Jackman - $1100

wolverinemovie.jpg

That's one of the best looking sigs he's ever done.

Star Trek #1 CGC 9.8 s/s William Shatner, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei & Walter Koenig

Beautiful copy, excellent centering---another from an uncirculated source copy.

Signed by the remaining original cast.

But what I am most happy about with this gem is all the signatures are clean, they pop, no smudges, signature placements are exceptional, no real cluttering of art or logo-- just a perfect example of A+ yellow label. - $1895 or B.O.

trek1.jpg

To the best of my knowledge----just ONE signing op ever with Ruter Hauer.

Mostly known for his iconic villains and his exceptional turn in Blade Runner (which I'm still debating if I should list or not)--- there were maybe 22 items signed by Hauer at Mad Monster Party in Charlotte, NC a few years ago. This was one of those books.

RUE MORGUE #110 CGC 9.8 s/s Rutger Hauer - $295

Hobo with a Shotgun issue.

A couple things about this book and any other Rue Morgue magazines that you see me post---ALL copies were purchased DIRECTLY from the publisher. In fact, I was lucky enough to have the gentleman who worked with me at their offices in Canada go through and hand cherry pick for me the very best copies he could find. So when you see any of my RM mags up, please know that they are all the finest copies direct from the publisher, uncirculated and were not purchased at a newstand.

hobo1A.JPG

Rue Morgue #94 (American Werewolf in London issue) CGC 9.8 s/s John Landis & David Naughton - $1500 or B.O.

One of the very few Landis s/s books out there---and I need to both thank and get confirmation from Joel Elad, whom if memory serves, handled this one for me years ago.

I want to say it was one of the only Landis ops---if you can call it that...?

But I highly doubt I'll be able to replace this one.

ruemorgueWW.JPG

Star Wars Empire Strikes Back #nn CGC 9.6 s/s Roger Kastel (cover artist), Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch, & David Prowse. - $1500

Lone top census copy---no 9.8 to date, no recorded sales.

Only five graded copies, three of which are actually mine. This is my top dog.

Perfect to add Hamill, Fisher & Harrison Ford (which I'll probably do if it doesn't sell)

empireAA.jpg