• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC has updated turnaround times!

29 posts in this topic

Now shipping Economy books rec'd on 11/22 Standard 2/04 Express On Time I sent them 3 books with a coupon on 1/19 and still are listed as scheduled for grading. I wish I would have known that the coupon is 20 days I would have paid for at least standard and saved the coupon. Christo_pull_hair.gif

They recieved my books and it still shows scheduled for grading. I contacted them 3 weeks ago, thinking it would take 5 days, and they informed me 20 days and they are a little behind, and hopfully, I would have them by the end of February.

I sent some books in with the coupon. Took 6 weeks. I'll not use CGC again if I can avoid it. confused-smiley-013.gif

So when they tell you it takes 20 bus. days (roughly 6 wks with shipping to/fro), you took that to mean you would get them sooner? confused.gif

If you pay for at least standard grading, I have hope that the turnaround time will be less, and CGC is beneficial to the comic book industry, so hang in there.

They recieved my books and it still shows scheduled for grading. I contacted them 3 weeks ago, thinking it would take 5 days, and they informed me 20 days and they are a little behind, and hopfully, I would have them by the end of February.

You should give them a call in the morning, hopefully they will have a better idea of where they are in the process.

So on the CS website your books show that they are still be graded?

Unfortunately, the Economy, Standard, and Modern tier have all slipped backwards since the 3/7 update, we know Burnt's walk-thru's weren't on time, and despite the claim that Express is on time, my CS Express (20 days) are now on at least day 23 with no grade in sight. This continues to be painful... frown.gif

....Yeah,...express isn't really express when it's a 20+ day turnaround....however it will be like Christmas by the time I get my economies back.....can't even remember what they were.... frown.gif

The coupons that ship with Collector Society SAY it is Express, but the turnaround time is at the Standard level of service. CGC made this change some months back.

Yeah, Modern used to be under a month, and now slipped to 6+ weeks. Economies (IMO) are permanently at 4+ months-I've given up on anything better.

Yep, the time to submit was sometime in January. I think the Cons will make the times slip to match last year's slowdown until late Fall again.

There was a time when Economy was shipping in less than 9 weeks, but alas that was so long ago frown.gif
I remember when back in the day, people were complaining when it took 40 business days when the estimated turnaround time was 25 business days!

I long for those days again! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Again, this is why I only submit on-site anymore. Sure, I don't get a discount. But I get my books back.

I've never been to a con where CGC did on-site grading...so it doesn't work for me. If they were doing on-site grading at Heroes Con I suppose I could wait and get the 25 books I'm about to send in graded on-site there, but I'd rather keep the $300 difference in the grading fees (actually, if there's no 20% discount off the $45 on-site Econ rate it's a whopping $500 difference).