• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best or recent graded return from CGC

34 posts in this topic

Also look in the light and see how it reflects off the cover, rotate the comic a little bit and see what non breaking creases/marks show up. It's amazing what a good strong overhead light will pick up.

I get both magnification and light to see non-color breaking defects with this:

What's this baby called? And or a link? :) I need to get one of these.....

Also look in the light and see how it reflects off the cover, rotate the comic a little bit and see what non breaking creases/marks show up. It's amazing what a good strong overhead light will pick up.

Ivation LED Lighted 2x Magnifier With 2 Flexible Helping Hand Clamps & 5x Magnifier Inset Lens

Ivation LED Lighted 2x Magnifier With 2 Flexible Helping Hand Clamps & 5x Magnifier Inset Lens

Sweeeet! Thank You!

I've only done onsite submissions at Philly Wizardworld because of convenience and my impatience.

To avoid having to haul 60+ slabbed books in one shot, this year I submitted half on the 1st day and half on the 2nd day.

My 1st day subs got 9.8's across the board including my beloved ASM 678 variant, which then got sold and paid for most of the cost of my car

My 2nd day subs got hammered on the grades including a couple 8.0's & 8.5's which I swear weren't damaged when I dropped them off, the defects were quite obvious when I got the books back and there's no way I'd sub a few years old modern with bad spine bends.

I wasn't gonna complain since the cream of the crop got 9.8's

I've only done onsite submissions at Philly Wizardworld because of convenience and my impatience.

To avoid having to haul 60+ slabbed books in one shot, this year I submitted half on the 1st day and half on the 2nd day.

My 1st day subs got 9.8's across the board including my beloved ASM 678 variant, which then got sold and paid for most of the cost of my car

My 2nd day subs got hammered on the grades including a couple 8.0's & 8.5's which I swear weren't damaged when I dropped them off, the defects were quite obvious when I got the books back and there's no way I'd sub a few years old modern with bad spine bends.

Were these mostly unread moderns?

Were these mostly unread moderns?

Yes they were, and one of the books that got damaged I bought because it was a high grade unread copy, bought it in person at a LCS and thoroughly checked it

first ever submission:

Wolverine mini #1 9.9

ASM #300 9.9

12 years later, still waiting for another 9.9

:o That is one heck of a first submission!

Indeed... (worship)

My very first submission was to DWC for SS. Most of the books I subbed were in the 9.4'ish range and up. I was VERY disappointed in grades I got back.

Nowadays I'm rarely shocked but I mainly submit moderns.

When I first joined I dropped off my free four submissions at Wizard Nashville, I was very pleased when I got them back

Avengers 57 9.4 white

Captain America 100 9.4 w/ow

X-Men 15 9.0 w/ow

Iron Man 1 7.5 w/ow

This is my best grade to date:

This is one of my favorite comic books of all time. I am very proud of this book because of how I found this book and I predicted it's CGC grade correctly.

62e55b4a-4ecf-425c-af60-bf06e9ebb000_zpsyen7lofp.jpg