• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lifting colored marker from interior pages?

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever had success in "lifting" (removing or significantly lightening) colored marker from interior pages? I received a silver age book (Silver Surfer #1) with a number of hot pink marker "embellishments" on the lips, cheeks, and nails of Shalla. I'm 95% sure I'm returning the book because of them (already started the process), but I began wondering if the process could be reversed. For reference, here are a few of the instances:

22746359710_81aacc4043_b.jpg

22516075168_0888a2d380_b.jpg

22313224143_580fc85b50_b.jpg

Surprisingly, it doesn't seem that there is any bleed-through to the back of the page for any of these.

Thanks.

You paid $150 for the book and aren't happy with it. It would cost multiples of that to attempt to do anything.

Why don't you just return the book?

You paid $150 for the book and aren't happy with it. It would cost multiples of that to attempt to do anything.

Why don't you just return the book?

That's still the plan. It's packaged up already, but today was a federal holiday so the mail didn't run. Therefore, my mind wandered. ;) Thanks for the feedback, all.

I received a silver age book (Silver Surfer #1) with a number of hot pink marker "embellishments"
Surprisingly, it doesn't seem that there is any bleed-through to the back of the page for any of these.
That pink ink is soaked in.

Not that it matters, but I'm wondering how you two have determined that these "embellishments" were made with marker or ink as opposed to, say, lipstick or crayon? (shrug)

I received a silver age book (Silver Surfer #1) with a number of hot pink marker "embellishments"
That pink ink is soaked in.

Not that it matters, but I'm wondering how you two have determined that these "embellishments" were made with marker or ink as opposed to, say, lipstick or crayon? (shrug)

I don't know for sure, it just looks like marker. It's certainly not crayon or lipstick, though. Crayon looks different and lipstick is greasy.

What's the problem? I think she looks hot!

I had a few SA Fantastic Four books where the owner added a belt to Johnny Storm in every panel.

Unfortunately, the same owner thought it was cool to add a logo to the Silver Surfer's surfboard on an FF #50 :lol: