• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzetta's Third Annual Guess the Grade Contest: Results

95 posts in this topic

I had submitted a larger order (for me) of sixteen books to Joey over the summer to be pressed and assessed by the CGC. As always I give a special thanks to him as he always does a stellar all around. I've been notified today that all books have been graded and shipped. I have selected five of the books to use in a grading contest. In prior years there were four books to grade. This year there will be six.

Guess the new grades and you win a prize.

Prize Rules:

As of now, there are two prizes. Last year there were a total of two prizes and as more people entered I threw in more things and I will be doing the same thing this year. First place will have an overall pick of whatever is in the prize field. Second place will have next pick in whatever is left in the prize field and so on if there are other prizes offered. Prizes will be revealed in two nights. I want to see what I am dividing up between here and the Christmas raffle.

Rules:

• 1 - Contest is open to Canada and USA only and shipping is entirely on me even to the land of Hockey and beer.
  • 2 - HOS and Probation People are disqualified and problem children that have already been alerted to steer clear. If you see something, say something.
  • 3 - Your entry should be what you think the new grade is. If you think that Tec 153 went up to a 5.5 then your entry would read Tec 153 - 5.5
  • 4 - "Closest" will be defined as each viable grade that CGC awards and how close you are by the number of points away from that book.
  • 5 - If someone accurately predicts all six books, then the contest ends and I will throw some other stuff in the box.
  • 6 - You only get one entry so make it count. - They are recorded so don't change them.
  • 7 - Contest ends 11:59 PM EST on November 18th, 2015.

Good luck and pics to follow...

BTW: I am the only one outside of CGC that currently knows the grades. They were submitted under my account:

Here we go...

The books used in this contest.

Action Comics 43 - Base Grade 3.5

Action Comics 96 - Purchased as a VG - Base Grade 4.0

Amazing Spider-man 37 - Base Grade 6.5

Detective Comics 153 - Purchased as a VG - Base Grade 4.0

Fantastic Four 45 - Base Grade 6.0

Fantastic Four 48 - Old Label CGC 6.0

The Pics

Action 43

Action%20Comics%2043a.jpgAction%20Comics%2043b.jpg

Action 96

Action%20Comics%2096a.jpgAction%20Comics%2096b.jpg

ASM 37

ASM%2037a.jpgASM%2037b.jpg

Tec 153

DC153a.jpgDC153b.jpg

FF45

FF%2045a.jpgFF%2045b.jpg

FF48

FF48a.jpgFF48b.jpg

As always a song...

I see Phish in December for their NYE run, but before I see them, it's the Piano Man one more time next week.

4.0 restored...trimmed on all of them, jerk

Very close... which is why I called up Heritage and they took this back. I am not a fan of undisclosed resto of THIS magnitude. Bought this off of Heritage as a 3.0. Joey pressed it to a 5.0 but it had undisclosed resto along the lines of all three sides - whole book trimmed.

Six books to choose from coming up.

CaptainAmerica48cgc50c2a.jpg

Here we go...

The books used in this contest.

Action Comics 43 - Base Grade 3.5

Action Comics 96 - Purchased as a VG - Base Grade 4.0

Amazing Spider-man 37 - Base Grade 6.5

Detective Comics 153 - Purchased as a VG - Base Grade 4.0

Fantastic Four 45 - Base Grade 6.0

Fantastic Four 48 - Old Label CGC 6.0

The Pics

Action 43

Action%20Comics%2043a.jpgAction%20Comics%2043b.jpg

Action 96

Action%20Comics%2096a.jpgAction%20Comics%2096b.jpg

ASM 37

ASM%2037a.jpgASM%2037b.jpg

Tec 153

DC153a.jpgDC153b.jpg

FF45

FF%2045a.jpgFF%2045b.jpg

FF48

FF48a.jpgFF48b.jpg

Not fair…MoonKT is distracting us with his signature gifs!

My guesses:

Action Comics 43 - 4.0

Action Comics 96 - 5.5

Amazing Spider-man 37 - 6.0

Detective Comics 153 - 4.5

Fantastic Four 45 - 6.5

Fantastic Four 48 - 7.0

Good morning to all and keep them coming. Prizes have been ordered and as soon as I get my confirmation from Amazon they will be revealed.

Action Comics 43 - Base Grade 4.5

Action Comics 96 - 4.0

Amazing Spider-man 37 - Base Grade 7.5

Detective Comics 153 - 5.0

Fantastic Four 45 - 6.0

Fantastic Four 48 - CGC 7.0