• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hakes Auction

30 posts in this topic

Not nearly as neat as those comic racks, but I did win this puzzle in the Hake's auction.

002_big_zpsq4t7c2iy.jpg

Old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for this - what was your experience with Hake's like compared to other auction houses like Heritage?

Not nearly as neat as those comic racks, but I did win this puzzle in the Hake's auction.

002_big_zpsq4t7c2iy.jpg

Old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for this - what was your experience with Hake's like compared to other auction houses like Heritage?

I like Hake's. They list a ton of stuff in their auctions -- I just received the catalog for their next auction a couple of days ago -- but not many comics. They do usually have comic related toys, like this puzzle. They have very good customer service.

The way they end their auctions is unusual -- I'm not at all sure I completely understand it. So, I usually just throw in bids near the close and hope for the best.

Ted and his crew are top notch. I've been buying from them for over 30 years. They turn up the rarest of the rare in pop culture stuff. Great service. Not quite as happy when Geppi bought them. They never used to have buyer's premiums.

Another thing, I noticed a gold coin and a Rolex watch in the flyer I received about their up coming auction. A departure I'm not liking. But bid with confidence with them.

was just in Pittsburgh and came across the puzzle and the box with the action 1 cover circa 1940 for $300 its still for sale (Eidele's Entertainment) best comic shop Ive been to in person thus far (in terms of gold and silver) great to deal with too

Shoulda bought it. If complete is not a bad price. It is after all the Action #1 cover. It amazes me sometimes the amount of money people pay for a slabbed comic but won't pony down 3 bills for a piece like this. I've paid that much for some of the other Supe puzzles. If I didn't have one, I'd be all over it.

supermanpuzzle_zps77558a5c.jpg

Shoulda bought it. If complete is not a bad price. It is after all the Action #1 cover. It amazes me sometimes the amount of money people pay for a slabbed comic but won't pony down 3 bills for a piece like this. I've paid that much for some of the other Supe puzzles. If I didn't have one, I'd be all over it.

supermanpuzzle_zps77558a5c.jpg

+1. I have paid a lot more for some of the puzzles as well

I have been with Hake's from the beginning, trust him 100%, always get great service, and have all 217 catalogs as a slice of history. As mentioned, not a lot of comics but tons of related material and lots of rarities. It is also online if you don't get a catalog and I always enjoy looking at everything even if I'm not going to bid on most of it.