• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LB COLE classic SPIDER cover on ebay now

22 posts in this topic

J and S comics (sold them 30 copies of GI JOE # 2 in the 80's for mucho dinero) has this up.....bye the way, if anybody has CBG (comics buyers guide) from the 80's laying around then you would probably remember the weekly full page ads J and S used to run. They have an amazing stash of books. Since ebay came around they've consistenetly been one of the best dealers to buy from.

my guess is this will top out at around 700 dollars...who wan't to guess what it will end at.... sterr11.jpg

By the looks of the scan the pages appear to be pretty tan. However the book appears to be in solid shape but if the pages are brittle, this would be a last resort book for me.

I bought a few books from of J and S ads in CBG I was always pleased with their grading.

My guess is it will sell in the $500 to $600 range.

Do you know how many titles there were for pre-code horror? Then add in BA horror. And BA hero/horror. It is a job of work!

J&S Comics has a TON of cool pre-code horror comics up for bid, all w/ no reserve - check 'em out! yay.gif

Do you know how many titles there were for pre-code horror? Then add in BA horror. And BA hero/horror. It is a job of work!

J&S Comics has a TON of cool pre-code horror comics up for bid, all w/ no reserve - check 'em out! yay.gif

OK - I KNOW this is a J&S set of auctions;. I know they say they have a lot of pre-code horror. I saw from the start the ST11 Cole Spider Cover (still like my G so will keep it). All I am saying is I have looked at a number of their auctions and, aside from the title, they use the identical description in EVERY auction I have seen. This is, truth be told, spamming ebay. They say pre-code horror and they say BA and they say SA etc for every auction I have looked at. So, unless I want to create searches for precode horror I am stuck broesing. And BTW - this is my list oif precode horror. To be honest, I really don;t feel like putting in the effort to create searches to cover all of these.

Adventures Into Darkness...5-14, Adventures Into Terror...43-44, 3-31, Adventures into the Unknown...1-61, Adventures Into Weird Worlds...1-30, All Picture Adventures...1, Amazing Adventures...1-5, Amazing Detective cases...11-14, Amazing Ghost Stories...14-16, Amazing Mysteries...32-33, Astonishing...3-37, Baffling Mysteries...5-24, Beware...10-12, Beware...13-16, 5-14, Beware Terror Tales...1-8, Beyond, The...1-30, Black Cat Mystery...30-53, Black Magic...1-33, Blue Bolt Weird Tales...111-119, Captain America's Weird Tales...74-75, Challenge Of The Unknown...6, Chamber Of Chills...21-24, 5-26, Chilling Tales...13-17, City Of The Living Dead...1-shot, Clutching Hand...1, Crypt Of terror...17-19, Dark Mysteries...1-22, Diary Of Horror...1-shot, Eerie...1-17, Eerie...1, Eerie Adventures...1, Fantastic...8-9, Fantastic Comics...10-11, Fantastic fears...7-8, 3-9, Fantastic Worlds...5-7, Fight Against Crime...1-21, Forbidden Worlds...1-34, Frankenstein...18-33, Ghost Comics...1-11, Ghostly Weird Stories...120-124, Hand Of Fate...8-25, 25-26, Haunt Of Fear...15-17, 4-28, Haunted Thrills...1-18, Horrific...1-13, Horror From The Tomb...1, House Of Mystery...1-35, House of Terror 3-D...1, Intrique...1, Journey Into Fear...1-21, Journey Into Mystery...1-22, Journey Into Unknown Worlds...36-38, 4-33, Lost Worlds...5-6, Marvel Tales...93-131, Menace...1-11, Men's Adventures...21-26, Mister Mystery...1-19, Mysteries Weird and Strange...1-11, Mysterious Adventures...1-23, Mysterious Stories...2, Mystery Tales...1-26, Mystic...1-36, Night Of Mystery...1-shot, Nightmare...10-13, Nightmare...3, Nightmare...1-2, Out Of The Night...1-17, Out Of The Shadows...5-14, Phantom Witch Doctor...1-shot, Purple Claw...1-3, Sensation Comics...107-109, Sensation Mystery...110-116, Skeleton Hand...9/52, Spellbound...1-23, Spook...22-29, Startling Terror Tales...10-14, 4-11, Strange Fantasy...2, 2-15, Strange Mysteries...1-21, Strange Stories From Another World...2-5, Strange Suspense Stories...16-22, Strange Suspense Stories...1-5, Strange Tales...1-34, Strange Terrors...1-7, Suspense...1-29, Tales From The Crypt...20-46, Tales Of Horror...1-13, Tales Of Terror...1, Tales of terror Annual...1-3, Terrific...14, The Dead Who Walk...1-shot, The Monster...1-2, Thing!...1-17, This Is Suspense...23, This Magazine Is Haunted...1-14, This Magazine Is Haunted...15-21, Thrills Of Tomorrow...17-18, Tomb of Terror...1-16, Tormented, The...1-2, Uncanny Tales...1-28, Unknown World...1, Unseen...5-15, Vault Of Horror...12-40, Venus...12-19, Voodoo...1-19, Voodoo Annual ...1, Web Of Evil...1-21, Web of Mystery...1-27, Weird Adventures...1-3, Weird Adventures...10, Weird Chills...1-3, Weird Horrors...1-9, Weird Mysteries...1-12, Weird Tales of the Future...1-8, Weird Terror...1-13, Weird Thrillers...1-5, Witchcraft...1-6, Witches Tales...1-28, Worlds Beyond...1, Worlds of Fear...2-10

All I am asking is to just put a freaking keyword in to seperate the genres.

Hey POV, all you gotta do is put these in your favorite searches. Ebay lets you have 100 of them and they email you if something turns up. It's a time saver and well worth it.

Thanks Ajax. I will give that a shot.

Also - I do have those titles covered but thanks. Pov

Didn't you just post a huge list of books you needed ? I thought you needed those, must've read it wrong.

What I posted was my pre-code horror checklist. It was being used as an example of the potential for having to search when someone not only sees the same description in 1000+ comics but also spams it with SA BA and GA and the word "horror" even in the non-horror books. And then factor in the BA horror on top of that.

Excellent comprehensive list, btw.

Thanks Goldust. Do you have the real list I have linked in my home area? It contains publisher, dates and assorted relevant notes.

You can go to the link, copy the whole thing and it will paste perfectly into Excel or most other spreadsheets.

Pov's Precode Horror Checklist

Thanks Goldust. Do you have the real list I have linked in my home area? It contains publisher, dates and assorted relevant notes.

You can go to the link, copy the whole thing and it will paste perfectly into Excel or most other spreadsheets.

thumbsup2.gif

I love stuff like this but I just haven't taken the time to do many of these myself.

THANKS!!! flowerred.gif

Wow...it went for just under 400...I guess I was way off....Remember when ebay was first getting rolling and all the pre-code horror classics, unseen for years by a mass audience, was roaring hot !!!! This book would've went for 600 - 700 a few years back.....Maybe some more of those classic covers I've been holding out for will start to come down a bit....

Wow...it went for just under 400...I guess I was way off....Remember when ebay was first getting rolling and all the pre-code horror classics, unseen for years by a mass audience, was roaring hot !!!! This book would've went for 600 - 700 a few years back.....Maybe some more of those classic covers I've been holding out for will start to come down a bit....

The pre-code market has been cooling its heels for the past couple years. While classic covers have not seen a huge drop, the FMV for the run of the mill book in lower grades seems to be returning all the way back to the days before the "boom." 893applaud-thumb.gif

There are quite a few classic pre-code horror books which sell for less in the lower grades on Ebay than they did back in the late 90s. Weird Tales of the Future #8, and Weird Mysteries #3 are two that come to mind. I think there is also alot of price resistance on ebay for lower grade Gold and Atom Age books once they pass the $400 mark, unless they are clearly worth more than that.

I was tempted to bid a bit over $400, but the chip out of the bottom right and the wear to the top of the spine kept me out. The rest of the spine looked pretty sharp, and the cover had nice color and if I didn't already have a similar copy (actually, mine's probably a bit below this one in grade but it is the black logo variant) I would have bid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Cole books have definitely cooled off, but since I'm such a nice guy I'm willing to pay full guide for everyone's cast-offs....please PM me with availability! thumbsup2.gif