• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Captain Marvel

63 posts in this topic

Nope, the problem is either a low interest in customer service by employees of logistic companies or an inability to deliver a package from A to B without destroying it (either accidentally or intentionally). Take your pick

Nope, the problem is either a low interest in customer service by employees of logistic companies or an inability to deliver a package from A to B without destroying it (either accidentally or intentionally). Take your pick

Wrong again. The problem is damage to a book that at this time is unreplaceable. Werner may get his money back, but I would think he wants the 9.6 copy instead. Regardless of who was at fault for the damage, the book is fooked-up.

Just to clear up my earlier comment.

Yes it was a possibly irreplaceable book. Something of sentimental value but this happens across many different lines everyday. From USPS to UPS to FedEX. [#@$%!!!] like this happens to a lot of people and a lot of different packages some containing trivial items, some not.

They dont know what is in the package. They dont care. That is my point.

So, when something like this is damaged, it may mean something to the owner, but all damaged goods are handled the same way from the companies standpoint.

And it will continue to happen.

That is why i do not use UPS anymore

USPS may not be any better, but by my own odds, more packages arrive on time and less damaged.

Just sorry they dropped the ball on this one.

Was the book packed in the new Priority boxes? I just received an X-Men 33 CGC'd and my heart dropped when I saw the box was crushed. Luckily, the comic ( which I over paid for and that would have really sucked if it was trashed) was okay. The new boxes are substantially thinner and not nearly as sturdy as the old boxes.

Deathlok,

This isnt a test. What i am referring to is the logistic's business as a whole.

Oh, so you want to discuss the larger picture and not what this thread is about? Gotcha! thumbsup2.gif

Deathlok,

Oh, so you want to discuss the larger picture and not what this thread is about? Gotcha! thumbsup2.gif

Nice to see your personality come shinning through again 27_laughing.gif

Deathlok,

Wait I just realized your also giving someone a hard time for posting off topic 36_11_6.gif

Was the book packed in the new Priority boxes? I just received an X-Men 33 CGC'd and my heart dropped when I saw the box was crushed. Luckily, the comic ( which I over paid for and that would have really sucked if it was trashed) was okay. The new boxes are substantially thinner and not nearly as sturdy as the old boxes.

Whatever crushed this probably would have crushed 95% of packages. There is clear 2" track where something drove over it.

Personally, I don't think they make a Priority box that is big enough to safely send a CGC case. The box should be solid with 4-5 inches of good packaging material around all sides of the book.

Whatever crushed this probably would have crushed 95% of packages. There is clear 2" track where something drove over it.

Personally, I don't think they make a Priority box that is big enough to safely send a CGC case. The box should be solid with 4-5 inches of good packaging material around all sides of the book.

It costs more for me, but that's why I use my own custom packaging. thumbsup2.gif

Deathlok,

Wait I just realized your also giving someone a hard time for posting off topic 36_11_6.gif

You give new meaning to the word obtuse. juggle.gif

Deathlok,

screwy.gif

Deathlok,

screwy.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif

I guess "Do Not Bend" wasn't written on the package?

Even though I always request they mark the package DO NOT BEND only about a 3rd actually do mark it.

Is it that hard to do? Am I asking for too much? confused-smiley-013.gif

If you think writing "do not bend" on a box is going to help prevent damage like this then you're kidding yourself.