• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupid gaps in your collection

31 posts in this topic

Anybody have any stupid gaps in their collection, books you have no excuse not to own?

Years ago I started to put together a Kirby 4th World set with the intention of sitting down and reading them all in the published order. I wasn't to worried about condition, I just wanted to read the comics and then probably sell them.

Pretty soon I was down to 2 issues needed, Mister Miracle's 8 and 16. Maybe five years later, I still need those 2, so I haven't been able to read the set yet. frown.gif

Pretty dumb, I've seen them loads of times but I've just been too lazy to buy them.

What ridiculously easy to pick up books have you failed to put in your collection. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I tried to do Infinity Inc once....with the thought of reading through the whole set in order...

It was insanely difficult to complete, so i gave up. None of the books were high $$ but i just could only find the same handful of issue where ever i went and never any of the issues i was missing. This was before ebay of course, so I could probably have some better luck if I tried again...

In my ASM Run, I don't even count it but I'm missing

V2 2-29...

These issues are at the time "hard to find?" and everyone is asking too much for them...

maybe the next show I go to I'll snag em.

sorry.gif

Every time I see ASM V2 18-36 I snag them....very low print run on these and plenty of Spidey completionists out there who need them....

I tried to do Infinity Inc once....with the thought of reading through the whole set in order...

It was insanely difficult to complete, so i gave up. None of the books were high $$ but i just could only find the same handful of issue where ever i went and never any of the issues i was missing. This was before ebay of course, so I could probably have some better luck if I tried again...

Everywhere I look for the issues they want like $2-3 each for them. I really don't want to pay that kind of money just to read them. Right now I have about half the issues.

In my ASM Run, I don't even count it but I'm missing

V2 2-29...

These issues are at the time "hard to find?" and everyone is asking too much for them...

maybe the next show I go to I'll snag em.

sorry.gif

Every time I see ASM V2 18-36 I snag them....very low print run on these and plenty of Spidey completionists out there who need them....

Yea that is because that V2 stunt mavel did, really was retarded and actually pizzed off

some of the old schoolers. Anyhoo, the stories and art in these were a little weak and worth putting off until later.

Just a Pilgrim 2

Swamp Thing 6

Groo 12

foreheadslap.gif

You want my Just A Pilgrim 2?

Sure. thumbsup2.gif Let me check it out when I get home this weekend. I think I might be missing issue 5 as well, in which case I wouldn't make you bother. Thanks though.

Just a Pilgrim 2

Swamp Thing 6

Groo 12

foreheadslap.gif

Sure. thumbsup2.gif Let me check it out when I get home this weekend. I think I might be missing issue 5 as well, in which case I wouldn't make you bother. Thanks though.

I'll have to check, but I think I have an extra copy of both. Not sure why. foreheadslap.gif

For some reason I never got around to buying copies of The Warlord #4 and #5, the only issues I need to complete my run of 1-50.

That reminds me -- I need to get to work on my Jonah Hex run, but I'm missing quite a few (especially the very late issues). And some of those can be a little pricey...

See my signature. And that's just a list of the titles that I have the least number of issues to get for full runs (in addition to a few odds & ends). You don't want to see some of the longer ones, trust me! Or...do you? smile.gif

My entire want list is pretty enormous.

Just a Pilgrim 2

Swamp Thing 6

Groo 12

foreheadslap.gif

I'll have to check, but I think I have an extra copy of both. Not sure why. foreheadslap.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I will shoot you a PM this weekend....

See my signature. And that's just a list of the titles that I have the least number of issues to get for full runs (in addition to a few odds & ends). You don't want to see some of the longer ones, trust me! Or...do you? smile.gif

My entire want list is pretty enormous.

I think I have a few of those. I know I have several CoC issues. I will check for you.

I just realized the other day that I'm missing 100 Bullets #10. Dunno why -- just don't have it. Same thing happened with ASM #149. Though I had #80 - 441... started auditing them and there was no #149. Had to pick up one at the next con.