• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting O. C. D. by Tnerb

10 posts in this topic

Overall Comic Desires

My collection has to be complete. But what is complete? The New Mutants title has become stagnant since I need only one more. I finished my Magik and Longshot limited series and stopped with my Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars since they climbed in price. The Thing and Ka-Zar are both good backups, but I began to get something a bit more ragged.

I can't say when it started or which was my first, but it's those ripped up shredded well read graded .5's I love. I even went so far as to purchase a few raw to send in. I think I'd be disappointed if I got anything graded higher. My original Crazy! 3 graded a solid 1, a slight disappointment I might add. I truly wished for this comic that I had for as long as I could remember to be graded poor.

I won a graded .5 yesterday for a price that really couldn't be cheaper, but they could become expensive. A ToS of Iron Man's first appearance climbed out of my range at $970, a bargain if I ever saw one. The great thing about the .5's is that they are the only criteria. It doesn't matter how many I have of the same title, it's just not necessary to complete a run as it is to have the book, now only if I could get the story.

Thanks for reading

Tnerb

17039.jpeg

See more journals by Tnerb

I wonder, has anyone tried to collect a single book in every grade?

Yes.

This depth of information is what makes the boards so invaluable.

It's true though. Someone was trying to get B&B 28 in all grades (probably up to 9.2 or 9.4) and he did some copies onsite at Wizard World Chicago several years ago. He was vaguely disappointed that a book he thought was a 1.8 ended up a 2.0. So he was going to have to sell it and try again for that elusive 1.8. lol

Yes.

It's true though. Someone was trying to get B&B 28 in all grades (probably up to 9.2 or 9.4) and he did some copies onsite at Wizard World Chicago several years ago. He was vaguely disappointed that a book he thought was a 1.8 ended up a 2.0. So he was going to have to sell it and try again for that elusive 1.8. lol

Joe Desiris (sp.) aka gijoed

Yes.

It wasn't Blowie's truthfulness or accuracy I was questioning. :baiting:

Yes.

If a book comes back graded higher than desired, I would think you'd just rough it up a little and resubmit rather than buy another book.