• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valuation Question

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Looking for some opinions/guidance. I may be in the market to sell my Deadpool Vol 1 set. It is complete from issue -1 to 69. VF being the worst condition any book is in. Granted more info would be better but based off of that alone, I was wondering what you would value that at? Again selling as a complete set, not piecemeal.

Thanks for your help!

there's quite a few completed sales on ebay for the whole lot. if you do a search of sold items, you can probably get a pretty good idea of potential value.

I would start there.

search deadpool 1-69

you can add a few dollars for -1 if you want.

I believe the only one really worth anything is the first…the rest would probably go for about $1-2 an issue.

$1-$2 is a wayyyyyy low estimate for individual sales. what you are willing to pay in bulk for the whole group is another story, of course.

the punisher issues go for plenty and the later issues generally get a premium

I sold a few random issues 6 or so months ago and I got $5-$10 each, grades 9.0 - 9.6, but more like 9.0/9.2.

i have never even gotten anything remotely close to as low as $2 for these books in VF and better

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deadpool-36-Marvel-Very-Fine-1st-Print-1997-Series-Free-Combined-Shipping-/181874115242?hash=item2a588ac2aa:g:Z10AAOSwQPlV-yzq

This is a typical sort of sale for generic Deadpool series 1 books in decent shape, $6-$9, maybe a bit more if you can claim they are 9.6-9.8. Nothing earth shattering, but not too bad either. Many of us would have a lot of spare cash if our other mid/late 90s books sold for anything like that.

these two listings/sales support what I was going to say. I've had my eye out for an affordable set for a long time, and $450-500 seems to be the going rate (sold or auctioned) for a full set in nice condition.

and yeah, non-key's typically are found (and sold) in the $5 box at conventions, not the $1 books (though when you do luck into a few its sweet)

yeah, sorry, i breezed through the post. seems like trying $499.99 to start the first time via auction makes sense, unless you want to put it up at $750 and play the best offer game. some of this will depend on how many you think are bona fide 9.8 candidates. if 30 or 40 of them are then maybe you want to reeavluate it as a lot.